Haven pricing - How high will they go?

MKsol

37 minutes ago, newmexicoNita said:

all I can say is: if you don't want to pay the price book regular cabins like 90% of those sailing do. 

Well thanks thats super helpful as I never even realized that was an option. I guess sometimes people have to state the obvious and feel that it advances the conversation.  Maybe thats how you end up with over 30K posts!

I appreciate the conversation that others have added and their perspectives on the causes of the increases.  I believe we will be changing our current booking as it value just doesn't add up for us - I appreciate those who have contributed meaningful comments and perspectives.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, newmexicoNita said:

all I can say is: if you don't want to pay the price book regular cabins like 90% of those sailing do. 

I don't want to pay for NCLs suites and I don't want the non-suite experience.

We were happy with regular cabins until we had tried suites.

The same with flying. We were happy with economy until we tried business!

1 minute ago, sverigecruiser said:

I don't want to pay for NCLs suites and I don't want the non-suite experience.

We were happy with regular cabins until we had tried suites.

The same with flying. We were happy with economy until we tried business!

Hay, we all know how you feel about that. We got used to business or first class when hubby traveled a lot and 2 of our girls worked for airlines. Between passes and miles we always went first or business. Then those days ended and now, unless our one daughter uses her miles and sends us 1st we settle back in coach. That is life. We used to happy with outside cabins, then we went to balconies and never thought we could stand anything less: well suddenly our budget informed us, it would be outside or nothing. We are living with that today. 

1 hour ago, TrinaLC said:

But NCL ship are still sailing full, lots of people just don't comparison shop I guess.  However, at some point they will start losing ... 

I don't think it's an issue of not comparison shopping, I think it's more along the lines of finding what you are personally comfortable with. It's also nearly impossible (without lots of time and research) to get a true apples-apples comparison.

I tried looking up our next cruise on multiple lines to price compare the cost pp/day, MSC would be $100 higher, Celebrity would be a whopping $350 higher, and Royal would be a whopping $200 cheaper. However - Royal did not include any drink package, specialty dining package or any other perks. So when you factor that in, you're back on par with NCL.

It's all about strategic marketing and making people think they're getting a great price, but conveniently forgetting to tell them that it doesn't include X,Y or Z which is standard with the other guys.

7 hours ago, newmexicoNita said:

Hay, we all know how you feel about that. We got used to business or first class when hubby traveled a lot and 2 of our girls worked for airlines. Between passes and miles we always went first or business. Then those days ended and now, unless our one daughter uses her miles and sends us 1st we settle back in coach. That is life. We used to happy with outside cabins, then we went to balconies and never thought we could stand anything less: well suddenly our budget informed us, it would be outside or nothing. We are living with that today. 

I'm happy if I spend my vacation at home too so cruising isn't really needed. Now when I know what I should miss the cheaper cruise alternatives aren't interesting so I rather stay at home  than go back to regular cabins.