Beach Confusion

galvezhome

:confused: I'm confused on what beach would be the best for us. We want to just sit and relax do alittle swimming and maybe snorkling that is not too crowded. Been to SanFransisco enjoyed it, wanted to go to Nachi-Cocom but believe its closed. I'm afraid uvas or paradise maybe to crowded, where should we go?? And how is the sand from the pictures it looks alittle steep, wondering how hard it is getting out of the water(i have bad knees). We'll been there Feb 6!!! Cant wait!!!!:)

Was on Coz FRiday.. Rentd van at Hertz, then drove to chen rio.. the other side of the island. the beach there is great.. many still get cabs and go to Uvas/Playa Mia. afterwards, i drove down by Chen Park and Uvas, they are replacing the sand beaches on that side of the island now. Wilma was mean to Coz but we had a blast and loved the food and beach there. Mexicalitos was in biz too.. have fun.. LRSkier

I have emailed Island Marketing LTD and depending when you are cruising they are expecting the Cozumel Beach Club to be reopened sometime in March. We are planning on the San Francisco Beach Club as we want our designated chairs and umbrellas. Before you plan I would check out how many ships will be in port that day to determine the best beach. There will be 8 when we are there so I want to reserve something.

To find out about the ports here is a website with a port calendar

http://www.cruisecal.com/dnn/Default.aspx?tabid=27

by the way was San Francisco Beach really good??

WE really enjoyed san fransisco, it was not busy we got there probably around 10:30am or so. Nice chairs, palpas, some toys for kids, nice staff not pushy it was laidback. I think we'll either go back to san fran or try planacar

Were you able to use the freshwater pool? Did you pay for entrance or was it just a minimum consumption fee? By toys, do you mean the iceberg climbing thing?

Thanks,

Maggie

There are going to be 6 ships in port when we get to cozumel (thanks for that link!!!!!)

What do you think - we have 2 couples - 3 teen girls - and we don't want to hear "I'm Bored"..... which beach would you recommend with chairs - and how can we make reservations:) ? (not ship excursion)... thanks a ton!

Maggie- I really dont remeber the cost, I didnt pay so i didnt pay attention. But we did not use the pool so i think it cost extra but im pretty sure the cost was just a consumption fee, sorry i couldnt help more. Yes they have the iceberg.

Traceysue- i personally think that paradise beach might be better for teenagers, i've havent been there but they say they have alot and everything is free just a comsumption fee at least thats what i understand from what i read hear. Dont get me wrong i think san fran is great but the teens might get board.

Has anyone been to playa planacar before or after wilma?

Maggie- I really dont remeber the cost, I didnt pay so i didnt pay attention. But we did not use the pool so i think it cost extra but im pretty sure the cost was just a consumption fee, sorry i couldnt help more. Yes they have the iceberg.

Traceysue- i personally think that paradise beach might be better for teenagers, i've havent been there but they say they have alot and everything is free just a comsumption fee at least thats what i understand from what i read hear. Dont get me wrong i think san fran is great but the teens might get board.

Has anyone been to playa planacar before or after wilma?

Paradise beach would be your better bet. The only charge is $8/ person for use of the water toys if you use them, (kyaks, snorkel equ, iceberg, water trampoline, etc.) They do ask that you consume $10 wich a few drinks and lunch will cover. They do not except reservations, best bet is to get there early, to get a good location.

Traceysue, i agree with the vote for paradise beach for your group. $8 gets you access to all the stuff and if you just want to sit and relax you do not have to pay the $8.00. We always do as we use something during the day be it snorkle equipment, rafts, kayaks the iceberg or water trampoline. They have massages and hair braiding, very good food and cold drinks. The wait staff works hard so you don't have too. Our crew is made up of Mom & Dad, 17 yr old son and 12&14 yr old girls. One of my sons best memories is being awakened from a hamok by the Dos Exques girls :rolleyes:

what ever you choose have a blast

Hi, I guess I have about the same question. I want to go to the beach in Coz as I am going on two other island excursions elsewhere so thought I'd sit at the beach. I have two sons 9 and 6 and a niece 12. We don't want to be where ALL the crowd is, but this seems like most of you are recommending Paradise BEach. It sounds so crowded.

I didn't realize I need to book an excursion with the boat to go to a beach. why is that?

Thanks

do you all think it is easier grabbing a taxi and going to Paradise w/o a reservation - (we'll go early)? or a beach excursion???? thanks all

;)

Yes, you will find the excursions more expensive (unless you drink alot, and I mean alot) if you go early you will be fine. What date, day is your ship there?

I have emailed Island Marketing LTD and depending when you are cruising they are expecting the Cozumel Beach Club to be reopened sometime in March. We are planning on the San Francisco Beach Club as we want our designated chairs and umbrellas. Before you plan I would check out how many ships will be in port that day to determine the best beach. There will be 8 when we are there so I want to reserve something.

To find out about the ports here is a website with a port calendar

http://www.cruisecal.com/dnn/Default.aspx?tabid=27

by the way was San Francisco Beach really good??

We reserved with Island Marketing LTD way back when Nachi Cocum was going to reopen shortly. We are on the March 26 Explorer of the Seas and there will be eight ships in port when we arrive also. I emailed island Marketing the other day to cancel my reservation and they haven't answered me yet. If they offer San Francisco Beach-can you tell me what that beach is like?

Remember that the link to Cruisecal isn't current, it still shows us stopping in Cozumel on the day that we were orginally supposed to go not when we're actually going now. I'm not sure that they've really updated it since all the changes from Wilma.

There is the all inclusive package at San Fransisco too San Fransisco Beach Break-All food & Drinks included we are going to try it this time and maybe add on the parasailing:o if I get up the courage.

We also loved Nachi Cocom and will go back once it reopens but this looks like a really nice deal as well and I can knock back some margaritas and pina coladas :D

Hello, I am also considering the San Francisco Beach Break also. Mostly because our ship is arriving on Wed. April 19, which I understand is high season. I really want a chair reserved for us. I have read through other message boards, however that there are those who have arrived to find that their chair was NOT reserved. That the all-inclusive drinks were less than those of full paying guests. To be honest what I read was regarding Playa Mia, but I was concerned if it might be a generic. My first option is probably Paradise Beach due to the wonderful reviews on CC, however due to the day of arrival I really want those reserved chairs. Have you heard of anything happening like this?

Thanks,

Archived