Minor leaving ship with someone from another cabin

Willwork4cruises

2 hours ago, coevan said:

I miss the ding, haven't heard it for years. They scan your S&S with a tablet device.

Weird.  This shows up as a quote from me in your post.  But I didn't say that.  Athankfulheart did.

They will stop you if its not the same stateroom. However if the dad is already off the ship its easier. If not they interrogate you to the nth power. I had issues taking my kids off every time. We cruise multiple times a year. Every ship is the same thing.  We use two room because we have 4 kids. They aren't rude of anything. They just want to make sure. Make sure your cabins are linked.

19 hours ago, Athankfulheart said:

My children have been stopped when attempting to "ding" off the ship at port ahead of me. I wanted to see if this is a standing policy and found this at Carnival's FAQ page: 

Getting Off the Ship in Port

• Minor children 16 years of age and older may debark the ship in port without a parent or guardian. If the parent or guardian wishes to raise this age limit, they must contact the onboard Security department.
  • Minor children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult (18 years or older) within the same travel group in order to debark the ship in port.

This is good information. Thank you for finding it. 

11 hours ago, kerryincork said:

When you are checking in will you have a letter of permission from her parents?

So don't you need permission from the parents even though the child is in your cabin?

On the other hand if everyone has the same name it might not be an issue.

Yes we will have the permission to travel letter when she embarks with us.  

There's definitely something different going with the debarkation process when you leave the ship at the port of calls.

In the past we have never been asked where the other members of our parties were ,but now there asking .

Sometimes the line will split into two when leaving the ship, my wife wound up in the right and I on the left. Security asked both of us where was our other party. We just pointed to each other and laughed.

And it was a  "Bonk" not a "ding" :classic_wink: 

6 hours ago, coevan said:

it says it's a quote from me

No, that's not what I'm referring to.  In the post of yours that I quoted, you had seemingly quoted me (my screen name in the quote box) but the text in the quote was from another poster, not me.  Nevermind.  It's not worth trying to explain.

Good to know, normally it is grandma bringing the girls back on the ship so we have never had that issue but this next cruise in March my brother and his family have 2 rooms and so I will need to make sure my SIL is set up to take the twins off.  I would hate for my brother to go do something and then she is unable to leave the ship.

Luckily NCL did not have that since my mom did take my youngest off to see the Lumberjack show while we went Bear watching.

I had my granddaughter with me last may, she stayed in a room with my mother and sister in law and we never got asked for Id or documentation when leaving or boarding the ship except for embarkation.  All they really asked for then was her birth certificate.

8 hours ago, Allura_317 said:

Could you link the reservations?  I don't know much about this topic, but would this eliminate the trouble as they would be considered one group?  Or would they not be considered one group if they have linked reservations?  

We will definitely link reservations and let Carnival know of the plan once we board. Hopefully that will take care of any issues.  Thanks for all the help.

4 hours ago, bnorris10 said:

I got off the Breeze in December and EVERY SINGLE TIME they would ask where I was when my daughter tried to scan to get off - Did not matter if I got off before or after her they would look around and say where is Barbara Norris 

I was on the cruise with you!!!

Last year my parents took our son on a Dolphin Encounter through the ship while we hit a beach in St. Kitts.  We checked before hand they said it would not be an issue, especially since our reservations were linked.  We booked with a TA and paid separately, but our reservations were linked.  When they scanned their cards to get off the ship they asked my mom a few questions - what's your relationship, where are the parents.