Flexibility of dining time

kanobette

I will be on my first cruise with Cunard later this spring and have a question about dining in the main dining room.   I think my assigned time will be the later one.   Is it ever possible to walk up and get a table for one at a time other than assigned.   Sometimes I may just want to enjoy the ambience of the room but have a solo dinner.  Thank you in advance for your comments.

You can ask the Maitre d, as some times people dine elsewhere and let the management know. The first sitting is the desired one, and there are often people on waitlists for it. As for a solo dinner, you can try, but don't be disappointed if Cunard is unable to accommodate you.  

On 1/31/2019 at 7:43 PM, kanobette said:

I will be on my first cruise with Cunard later this spring and have a question about dining in the main dining room.   I think my assigned time will be the later one.   Is it ever possible to walk up and get a table for one at a time other than assigned.   Sometimes I may just want to enjoy the ambience of the room but have a solo dinner.  Thank you in advance for your comments.

Dont forget if you are on late sitting your table will be occupied by somebody on first sitting at 6pm that will posibly not finish their meal until 7-30/8ish so the chance of getting a table any earlier than your assigned second sitting at 8-30. If there is a possibility of changing from second seating to first then the only chance will to see the maitre d at the beginning of the cruise and you will not be able to switch between the two on varying days.