Golden GlassBlowing Experience Skagway

southerngoose

Hi...If you have done the Golden Glassblowing Experience in Skagway, can you tell me how large the resulting glass blown object will be (approximately)?   I'd like to bring a box and packing material so that I can safely bring my object home.   I'll have to fly home from Los Angeles.   Thanks!!!

Ok...sorry for not researching before posting.   I now see on the glass blowing website that they will ship it home for you because it won't cool until the next day.   WHEW!  No bringing home a fragile piece of glass.   At the price of the "experience", I think that's the least they could do for me.  🙂

I did this excursion and it was great.  It included a tour of the Jewell Gardens and a nice light meal with a drink.  It was just my Mom and I on the excursion and we had the option of a hanging ornament or one that you can set on a shelf.  Since there were only two of us we finished early and the glassblower said we could make something else.  I said I would love a bowl, he ended up making me a bowl.  I said how much is the bowl to buy and he said...hum, how does 35.00 sound.  I said sold, it was about a 12 inch bowl.  Very great excursion. 

I also did the VIP train which I would highly suggest.  The VIP car only has about 15 people with very comfy armchairs, unlimited drinks, very nice catered food, and a bathroom in the car.  Was well worth the extra money.

• Like 1