Decision,s decision,s

Abovethesod

Hi All,

New to Celebrity and a novice at cruising, Carnival once and RCI once.

My better half, wife of nearly 41 years, turns 60 this October and to celebrate we are travelling from Belfast NI to Vegas for five days and on to San Juan for a few days.

I know I may be asking a slightly biased audience but I am looking at a seven day cruise of either RCI Freedom or Celebrity Summit.

These decisions are usually my wife's domain but in my wisdom I have decided to keep this a secret from her, well at least until I can keep it in no longer. Carnival out of New Orleans was excellent but a bit brash for us both.

Are RCI and Celebrity much the same activities wise.

What would be the general consensus .

Regards.

I will let other pipe in that may have sailed Freedom.   

While Celebrity is owned by RCI they are different product.   RCI has a tendency to appeal more to families with children.   Many of the things like waterslides, surfrider and rock wall you will not find on Celebrity.   Celebrity on the other hand appeal to "Modern Luxury".   I personally enjoy Celebrity due to the lower passenger load of young children and a more sophisticated set of activities. 

It is a personal choice on how you wish to spend your special occasion. 

• Like 1

Recently sailed both these ships on consecutive cruises in November.  Celebrity Summit was outstanding.  Freedom of the Seas  was very disappointing.  Very difficult to eat breakfast and lunch in the buffet due to extreme overcrowding.  Most cabins had three to four occupants and the ship really couldn't accommodate the numbers.  We didn't sail during a peak time (early Nov.) so I'm guessing overcrowding might be a recurring problem.  We were regretting not doing a B2B on the Summit instead.  Just my opinion and experience.  I know many people love the Freedom of the Seas.

We were on the Freedom last August and have our first Celebrity cruise on the Summit planned for November.

I would suggest the Summit since she will be practically new after her Revolution Dry Dock.  Freedom is showing her age.

Have fun planning!

Where are you staying in Vegas?  Some of us might be able to offer suggestions on things to do and where to eat :classic_biggrin:

Well after much deliberation we are going to go with the Summit😀 due to it all being sparkly clean after its overhaul and hearing a majority of good things concerning Celebrity. Having an Oceanview Balcony and a classic drinks package leaving on Sat 2nd November. Thank you all for your advice and Hurricane prevailing  will enjoy our week afloat.

Our Vegas stay is in the MGM Grand for five days and this is where I will definately need all the advice as we have never been to Vegas before P.C.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Been meaning to get back to this post. Sadly we had to forgo this holiday but we have now booked a week on the MSC Seaside out of Miami earlier in October .Hopefully I will not regret this decision but it was beyond my control but thanks again for all the help

We sailed on both Freedom and Summit and liked both (and we HATE Carnival)

It really depends on what you are looking for.

Freedom being larger Royal ship offers some unusual things like Promenade, flowrider, minigolf, ice rink with amazing show.

Summit is more quiet, but comfortable, with better food and service. Summit also has this 9k=

With amazing "jets" on both sides.

You don't need to check out towels by the pool.

Summit was just renovated completely.

Other thing... look at itinerary. It is extremely port intensive itinerary so ship means less.

Oooops.. haven't noticed it was old post.

Edited by Tatka