VERY noisy cabin on Jewel. 3626

cello56

We were recently on Jewel of the Seas for a nine night cruise. We had an oceanview cabin on deck three, starboard side, aft. The cabin number was 3626. The cabin itself was your standard size cabin for this class of ship. Adequate room, and plenty of storage. The shower was the tube style, not the curtain. The location was very convenient - just down the hall, and one deck up to the Centrum. 

The issue is the noise! My DH felt that there was an air handler of some sort directly underneath our cabin. It honestly and truly felt and sounded like we had a transport truck idling in our cabin 24/7. Yes, I do mean 24/7. Every moment of every day and NIGHT! Even on the night we 'drifted' from one ABC island to the next the noise was non stop. Worst nine nights of not sleeping I have ever had. I have never gotten off a cruise more tired than when I boarded!

So just a heads up to those about to book Jewel of the Seas, and likely the other ships in this class - Radiance, Serenade and Brilliance. 

Thank you for reporting this. I always take mental notes of cruiser's cabin reviews here on this forum....

Interestingly enough, I was in 3602 a few years back on Serenade, and reported in my review back then that when I had my head down on the pillow each night I could hear a constant drone... in my mind I thought it was the constant sound of the engine(s) for example. 3602 is only 12 cabins forward from yours.

"I did have a big issue with this room... a constant drone, a hum, that I can hear through the pillows in the evening. It was ever present. My only analogy to this would be what a submarine would sound like when being followed by sonar.... I imagined the sound to be the same frequency as the propellers, which it probably was! I am not a light sleeper and I do sleep with ear plugs, but this did bother me, especially the first couple of nights."