Greek Islands

boleynkid

I have begun to think about our next cruise which I hope will be around the Greek Islands. I am open to ideas but I guess a cruise including Santorini & Mykonos are preferred and although not a necessity a small ship type cruise appeals.

Any suggestions/comments sincerely appreciated.    

6 minutes ago, boleynkid said:

I have begun to think about our next cruise which I hope will be around the Greek Islands. I am open to ideas but I guess a cruise including Santorini & Mykonos are preferred and although not a necessity a small ship type cruise appeals.

Any suggestions/comments sincerely appreciated.    

Really not enough info. More info about your travel "profile" would help.

Your Experiences/Preferences/Expectations of quality/cost/passenger demographics/etc are important considerations. There is a HUGE difference among the cruise industry segments (consisting of mass market, premium, luxury and expedition).

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

Apologies if the answer is a bit vague but anything within reason is fine ie we don't have to be travelling luxury 5*/6* or whatever. If it helps, as a gauge, our previous cruises have been NCL in the Caribbean, HAL to Alaska & Windstar around the Society Islands.

Many Thanks.  

The Greek Cypriot line, Celestyal, cruises the islands- older, smaller ships; P&O's Oceana has several 7 day cruises out of Malta which can be taken as back to back Greek Islands/ Croatia and Italy. Marella also has cruises in that area. 

MSC and Costa also have cruises there.

Personally, I would pick a couple of islands and go a "land" vacation.

We spent a week on Mykonos a couple of years ago, and it was not enough.  Heck, the trip to Delos is a full day itself.

Edited by SRF

4 hours ago, SRF said:

Personally, I would pick a couple of islands and go a "land" vacation.

We spent a week on Mykonos a couple of years ago, and it was not enough.  Heck, the trip to Delos is a full day itself.

I was going to suggest that too, but in fairness, I didn't start my greek island land vacations until we'd done a couple of Greek Island Cruises. It definitely helped us figure out where we wanted to spend extra time.  We adore Crete and have now been there three times by land but I wouldn't have known that without a cruise.

3 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

I was going to suggest that too, but in fairness, I didn't start my greek island land vacations until we'd done a couple of Greek Island Cruises. It definitely helped us figure out where we wanted to spend extra time.  We adore Crete and have now been there three times by land but I wouldn't have known that without a cruise.

Yes, but are there really any BAD Greek Islands? 😄