Aft view extended balcony – 8K – 8186 - Carnival miracle

bridetobe53108

We are planning out first cruise with the kids last minute. It will be our first cruise with a balcony, so I am kind of lost. Please help!! 

It looks like all that is left is an aft-view extended balcony (8k), room 8186. ( what does the little square by our # on the map mean? I cannot find a map legend!)

It appears that typically these cost more, but from what I read they seem to be worse! 

It appears from the layout that it is the last room in the row, then next us there are additional rooms that stick out. Is that going to cause an obstructed view? This room is not listed as an obstructed view balcony.  Also,  this is listed as a middle of the ship room, but is it too far to the back to see much?  And lastly, is the floor above us going to cause a lot of noise?  I read something about chairs scraping the floors early in the morning as they set up.

(See photos) 

Thank you for any advice!! 

IMG_6421.PNG

IMG_6423.PNG

Suggest you ask this on the Carnival board here.  And I suggest you find a device to view deck plans on that is better than what you have, that doesn't squash them up so much.  I am on a desktop with a large screen and I can't tell what you are seeing, you have obscured it with your blue marker.  The deck plan on cruisedeckplans.com shows the cabin to have a square in it, indicating a single sofa and one upper.  Your view to the right (forward will be fine, as will the view straight ahead, but you will have an obstructed view to the left (aft).  The cabin is under the entrance to the lido buffet, so I would not be concerned about noise. 

EM

Edited by Essiesmom

https://www.carnival.com/~/media/Images/Ships/MI/DeckPlans/carnival-miracle-deck-plan-pdf

That cabin is not an Aft view cabin.  It is on the port (left) side of the ship.

The solid square means that it has 2 twin beds that can be pushed together to make one King bed, plus a sofa bed and pull down upper bed, so the cabin would sleep 4.

The Aft cabins are at the very bottom of the deck plan and face the back of the ship.

The cabin you are looking at looks like the balcony may be slightly larger than a standard balcony cabin, but it's not an Aft cabin.