Catamaran Excursion

cruisegirl1976

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 7:05 PM, obnurse said:

Golden Eagle is nice. Mira Bella is nice. We’ve done both and had a great time on both Mirabella has a little slide (very little, but fun) on it. 

I was looking at Golden Eagle's tour. It says it has a stop at Maho beach to try and see the planes.  Did your tour make a stop? Did you see the planes? Could you go ashore or was it just stop in the water and no one could get out?  My husband really wants to see the planes from the beach and I really want a nice catamaran/snorkel excursion. 

We have previously sailed with Golden Eagle. I phoned them and found out they have a contract with the cruise lines which prohibits them from booking directly with cruise passengers. You can only sail with them if you book through the cruise line or you book and they don't find out you are a cruise passenger. So, we looked into Eagle Tours. It gets great reviews, goes by Maho Beach (not stopping at the beach) but it hangs out around the area to see the planes, and yes, we have done that a couple times and it's exhilarating. The excursion also has a couple other stops including lunch. We are going to book this. I hope this helps!

5 hours ago, obnurse said:

We have previously sailed with Golden Eagle. I phoned them and found out they have a contract with the cruise lines which prohibits them from booking directly with cruise passengers. You can only sail with them if you book through the cruise line or you book and they don't find out you are a cruise passenger. So, we looked into Eagle Tours. It gets great reviews, goes by Maho Beach (not stopping at the beach) but it hangs out around the area to see the planes, and yes, we have done that a couple times and it's exhilarating. The excursion also has a couple other stops including lunch. We are going to book this. I hope this helps!

So have you been to Maho on a boat and had the planes pass over head? For someone that has never been and it's on my husband's list of things to experience would you say just go to Maho beach because it's a much better experience (for the planes) then from a boat or do you think they are pretty similar?  I really want to experience more of the island then just the planes at Maho, which I expect to be very crowded with us having like 5 ships in port that day.  My husband said he thinks from the boat will be fine.

Mickey, I think it depends on the experience you ( or your husband) wants. If you go to the beach you’ll feel the wind and sand blowing, feel it pushing you and be up close. Out in the ocean it’s pretty great, too. The planes fly very low, are very loud and sometimes go directly overhead of your boat. It’s very awesome! However, I’ve not been ON the beach, just out in the ocean. If this is on your husband’s bucket list, I’d go to the beach. 

• 3 weeks later...

This has nothing to do with Manu Beach but since this topic was Catamaran excursions, thought it would be a good idea to post it.

I always do research on different websites and take everyone's opinions with a grain of salt regarding reviews due to some are more pickier than others.  This review was posted 2 days ago and the poster did not mention the catamaran group only that they booked through RCCL, however, the post was listed under the Golden Eagle section of the website.  I thought it was serious enough to share. 

Danger a drawning

After taking this trip thru Royal Caribbean we stopped at one area to snorkel were every one was supplied with a life vest and fins. The snorkeling was so so ,I been to better places. After snorkeling we headed for the beach,while traveling we were served rum drinks on the way there. When we reached the beach we had to swim to shore in 20 foot of water with just a foam noodle,there was no life vest supplied for any one. The ocean was ruff with a little bit of undertow at the beach. with every body swimming to shore we lost a elderly person trying to make it to the beach , we found her floating in the water. The crew was no help at all they were totally lost.

I don't think the person died, nor do I know the full details, but always be aware of your surroundings as well as to keep an eye out for those in your party (also those outside of your party that may be in a dangerous situation).

Edited by LoveTheSoul