Walking tour of Florence

cccole

We are looking for recommendations for a guided walking tour of Florence.  We will have Rick Steves, but sometimes it is wonderful to walk with someone knowledgeable about the city.  We would like to personalize a private tour.  Thank you,  Cherie

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 5:20 PM, cccole said:

We are looking for recommendations for a guided walking tour of Florence.  We will have Rick Steves, but sometimes it is wonderful to walk with someone knowledgeable about the city.  We would like to personalize a private tour.  Thank you,  Cherie

On a previous visit to Florence I booked  tours with Viator Tours that were actually provided by this company.   I don't know if they also do private tours but you can only ask!   https://www.walksofitaly.com/florence-tours/ 

We used Florence Custom Tours for a half day walking tour. We were met at the train station and had a wonderful tour of Florence. It was our first visit to Florence and the half day tour gave us a great overview of Florence and set us up for the rest of the day on our own. They will customize the tour. I highly recommend them.

Can tell you, Context Travel tours are fantastic!  In Florence took an Uffizi Gallery, six person, morning tour.  Knowledgable, Art History PhD showed us everything, and with such detail.  Outstanding.  Equally qualified guide did a small tour of Pitti Palace.  We saw everything.  Excellent English skills.  Have highly recommended to friends.  You won’t regret a tour with them.

• 3 weeks later...

I just want to report back.  We used Eliza at info@myguideinflorence.com and she was amazing.  60 euros/hour and a custom tour designed for what we wanted to see.  We had arranged a 2 hour tour which extended into almost 3 and could not have been happier with Eliza's knowledge and enthusiasm.  Cherie

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2019 at 6:31 AM, TGraUk said:

Is Elisa a local guide? Or she makes tours in several cities?

What did you manage to see  in 3 hours? Was it enough? Or do you have list of places you want to visit next time?

Sorry for my delay in responding.  Once I found Eliza I turned the communications over to my daughter, Danielle.  Eliza lives in Florence and has passed all of the exams to become a certified guide.  She asks what you want to see and/do.  History was our focus and Danielle told her what we planned to do on our own so an itinerary was planned from that.  If you want to do more than 3 hours you can arrange to have a longer tour.  It just depends on what you want to see during your tour.  I do not know if she does tours in other cities, we did not ask.  Apparently she gets quite booked up so if you are interested you might send her an email with your dates and interests.  Eliza was an amazing guide.  Hope this helps,  Cherie