Email

I want to send an email to another member and it says that I'm permitted to send "0" emails a day.  I haven't sent any.  Is there a restriction on how many emails I can send?  

I posted a comment in my Roll Call and someone posted that they live where I live.  I wanted to respond to the quote but couldn't see how to do it.  I then tried to send the member an email and that didn't work either.

I want to know if they are having a cruise critic function and how to sign up for it.   I'm also interested in having a Meet and Greet with other cruisers from Central Florida.

Please help me understand how to use this format.  I don't want to give up and walk away from the program.   

Thank you for your help.

Edited by TheMoe

4 minutes ago, TheMoe said:

I want to send an email to another member and it says that I'm permitted to send "0" emails a day.  I haven't sent any.  Is there a restriction on how many emails I can send?  

I posted a comment in my Roll Call and someone posted that they live where I live.  I wanted to respond to the quote but couldn't see how to do it.  I then tried to send the member an email and that didn't work either.

I want to know if they are having a cruise critic function and how to sign up for it.   I'm also interested in having a Meet and Greet with other cruisers from Central Florida.

Please help me understand how to use this format.  I don't want to give up and walk away from the program.   

Thank you for your help.

There's never been a message function on Cruise Critic for at least the whole time I've been here.

The message icon is part of the new setup, but not enabled.

Cruise Critic prefers us not to use private messaging to talk to others.

To directly respond to someone, on the lower left of that post is a "+" and a "Quote" link.  Click on the "Quote" link, and the reply window will show up with the post quoted, then type your reply below the post and click "Submit Reply" in the lower right of the posting window.

12 hours ago, TheMoe said:

I want to send an email to another member and it says that I'm permitted to send "0" emails a day.  I haven't sent any.  Is there a restriction on how many emails I can send?  As far as I know there is no way to e-mail or private message through the forum.  I have seen some posters list their e-mail (sometimes spelled out) in their signatures.  I don't know if this is permitted by the forum rules, but it is/was "allowed" by the forum functionality.  You are also able to (but I'm not sure if permitted) request a poster to e-mail you by providing your address in a post.  Everyone will see your address, but essentially anyone could (or at least have access to you) if we could e-mail others directly.

12 hours ago, TheMoe said:

You can respond to a quote by clicking "quote" or the "+" if you want to quote multiple posts.  It will be an open response to anyone viewing the thread.

There are meet & greet sign-ups for many sailings, you should be able to find information at the top of the roll call page about signing up.  If you are wanting just a general meet and greet somewhere in FL and not specific to onboard your sailing, that would not be arranged through this site.

Thank you for your help.

my answers above

I have a different Email problem.

As my old email account has been hacked I want to change it in the settings. However, when editing the settings, its only possible to change the password, but not the email address. Can anyone help me?

5 hours ago, QM1 said:

I have a different Email problem.

As my old email account has been hacked I want to change it in the settings. However, when editing the settings, its only possible to change the password, but not the email address. Can anyone help me?

On the new site, we cannot edit our own email addresses.  You must contact help@cruisecritic.com and ask them to change it.  Be sure to include your username, old email, new email.

• Like 1