What's your embarkation day look like? Outfit? Food? Activities?

bowlinmoe

My hubby and son will usually wear shorts, t-shirt, and sandals.  I will usually wear the same or a comfy dress. 

We try to get FTTF so we don't have to lug around carry on and try to keep up with a kid.  We usually go straight to the room and the kiddo changes into a swim suit, we drop the carry on, disinfect the room, then head to lunch at Guys or the buffett and grab a Reds Rum Jumper from Red Frog Rum Bar. We head to the water park area for the kiddo and have a few more Red's Rum Jumpers, visit the kids club for check in/registration and wait for the safety briefing. 

After the safety briefing we go back to the room to unpack and get ready for dinner while enjoying sail away on our balcony.  

Only 190 days...can't wait 🙂

11 hours ago, 30scruiser said:

Is this available for the whole week once you’re on board? Just the movies or all the activities?

Usually all of the activities for the whole week, but sometimes they add something later on and sometimes it doesn't have the locations right away. It is a super useful app on board and even has the weather for all of the ports. 🙂

Edited by Doggielover68
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I get up, have some coffee and wait for SuperShuttle to arrive. Always wear shorts and a polo type shirt.

first thing onboard, drop my things in the cabin and head to Guy’s for a burger before the lines start to get long, and of course a Funship Special!

FE427F0D-83BD-4919-B0FA-042D839763B6.jpeg

So seriously, we dress to be relaxed but still be able feel not underdressed for embarkation day MDR, so I wear polo shirt and khakis (OK, 'nuf said about that!)  My wife will wear a sundress or maybe nice but casual top with capris.

We check out big bags before check-in/boarding, so we drag our carry on camera gear and other valuables in two backpacks, get to the Lido, get a drink at Blue Iguana Bar or Red Frog Rum Bar.  Then grab a burger from Guy's (if no huge lineups) or something from Blue Iguana Cantina.  Then another drink or two and people watch at Lido, by which time it might be after 2pm so we can go to cabins, drop off one of the carry-ons and maybe quickly unpack if luggage has arrived, grab another drink before wandering the the ship a bit (taking photos or video with camera gear), check out stuff that may be new to us (like the Havana Bar area on Sunshine last cruise).

Might have time to grab another drink before Muster.  After Muster head to Alchemy bar (or equivalent if no Alchemy), get another couple drinks down before heading to MDR for dinner.

After dinner depends on what we feel like - might head to the Atrium or other area for some live music, or back to Alchemy, maybe then catch a comedy or Playlist show, back to a bar for another couple of drinks, wander the top outside decks in the breeze.

Dang, I really wanna do that right now!

Edited by ProgRockCruiser

I have a look I go for that I like to call "Tacky Chic." Usually it's some kind of causal button down (mostly unbuttoned), a large gold chain, jeans, and boat shoes. Oh, and of course my Traveling Hat, a well-used straw hat.

On 2/9/2019 at 10:57 AM, Doggielover68 said:

Usually all of the activities for the whole week, but sometimes they add something later on and sometimes it doesn't have the locations right away. It is a super useful app on board and even has the weather for all of the ports. 🙂

I think it's really cool that you can use the HUB app without having to pay for wifi/internet.  Thumbs up to Carnival for that.

Most of our cruises are out of New Orleans where we live, so breakfast at home. Last minute packing of toiletries (everything else packed for a week!).  Then get an uber to the port. Check bags with porter and TIP!

What we wear depends on the weather. If its cool, then jeans and comfy shirt, shoes, jacket if needed. Warm is shorts, sandals, and t-shirt. We don't usually do the pool on the first day, but if the weather is nice, we have lunch--usually burritos. Then sit somewhere on deck  with an adult beverage to watch the ships pass on the Mississippi while we wait for muster.

If our room is ready before muster, we will drop the backpack there. 

Sometime we will wander about if its a new ship to us. I rather do that after dinner.

We always do early dining in MDR, but we don't change unless we are chilly.  Alchemy Bar before and after dinner.

Wander about after dinner and explore, maybe get a good walk in on deck and watch the ship sail down river if the weather is good.

nothing too ground breaking on my end. i wear my trusty adidas track outfit with one of those snarky walmart t-shirts. make it through the terminal. find someplace to eat and grab an adult beverage (I think this year I will aim for pig and anchor. i heard it is open on embarkation day). wander around and people watch ( no shades. because i lose or break them). send pictures of ship to the family (to make them jealous) as I wait for the rooms to open.  once I am in the room do the whole sanitizing thing and take pictures of the cabin (to make the family jealous again). then I finally change clothes and run to the gym real quick and get a workout before they close it for muster ( but that depends on the cruise line). if i remember my cruise on the Vista correctly the gym was closed until after the muster drill ( if that is the case i am sure I will find something else to do).

Edited by angelofsin