Room Advice

melcia060

My family & I cruised another cruise line many times BC ("Before Children" 😂). My kids are now in elementary school & I've taken the plunge and "jumped ship" to Royal Caribbean. 

I booked my kids, my parents, my husband, and myself on our first 7 day Harmony of the Seas adventure. I originally booked a 2 bedroom ATS. I now have the opportunity at a 4 bedroom villa suite on the same sailing.

My concern regarding the 2bd ATS is that my father has some mobility concerns and isn't able to walk long distances. The 4bd villa seems more mid-ship and looks close to an elevator. 

For anyone that has sailed either (or both) rooms, can you please weigh the pros & cons? Is the ATS a far walk? Is the 4bd villa more "conveniently" located? Does the view of the AquaTheater outweigh the location of the villa? 

My concern isn't price or "star" class. We have typically cruised interior or regular balcony cabins, this is a splurge for different reasons. It very well could be my parents last cruise with us for health issues and I want them to absolutely love it. Any advice is greatly appreciated. 🙂

If you don't get any answers to this post and you are staying in a suite, maybe you can get a hold of the concierge and get some answers.  My parents celebrated their 50th with us on Allure.  My mother rented a scooter from a 3rd party because of her mobility issues and there was plenty of room in the suite for her to keep it there at night and charge it.  She was glad she got it and would have had difficulty going anywhere on the ship without it.  Good luck!

• Thanks 1

If you have concerns over the distance for walking then definitely take the 4 bedroom Villa suite.  The ATS is a long walk for someone with mobility issues. For me that would take precidense over the view or the ba,cony.

You will still have a huge balcony and ocean views.

an added bonus of the Villa suite is everyone will get their own rooms.

• Thanks 1