Where to buy leis in Honolulu?

casandbliz

2 hours ago, casandbliz said:

Any advice on where to buy leis (live floral, preferably plumeria) in Honolulu? Maybe within walking distance of the cruise port? I have a note that Cindy's Lei Shoppe is good. Any other options?

Honolulu should be much like here (Maui) in that department, which would mean try Walmart, Foodland, Safeway, Longs, ABC Stores (we aren't sure about them having fresh lei, but worth checking out as they are everywhere), etc.  Wish we still had Kmart on Maui.  They had beautiful fresh lei.   

If you are wanting to buy a flower lei, double check the FAQ on the Carnival site (if you want to take it on board), I understood it to read, any fresh flowers must be delivered to the ship from a recognized/reputable florist..?

I was hoping to surprise my Mom with one before we cruise, but I’m not going to bother now, unless you are able to find confirmation that we ARE able to purchase and wear it aboard.

41 minutes ago, lasekeye said:

If you are wanting to buy a flower lei, double check the FAQ on the Carnival site (if you want to take it on board), I understood it to read, any fresh flowers must be delivered to the ship from a recognized/reputable florist..?

I was hoping to surprise my Mom with one before we cruise, but I’m not going to bother now, unless you are able to find confirmation that we ARE able to purchase and wear it aboard.

Oh, I hadn't thought about that!! We are sailing on Princess, and I just checked the FAQs and couldn't find anything regarding bringing fresh flowers on board. I'll ask on the Princess thread if anyone's been successful about doing it. 

Cindy's is a good choice.  It is in Chinatown where there are other flower/lei shops and you can walk there from Aloha Tower, if that is where your ship will be.  When you decide on a shop I would order the lei ahead of time to make sure they have what you want.  Plumeria leis are not as common as the dendrobium orchid leis.  If you also purchase flowers for your room don't forget to pack a cheap vase.  You can bring flowers on board in the Hawaiian ports, I have friends that do it all the time in Hilo.   When traveling between the islands it is not a problem, even when flying.  Enjoy those beautiful flowers, Cherie

• 1 month later...

Just want to relay our experiences with buying leis -- the first time in Hawaii my husband bought me one at the Turtle bay resort (gardenia) and it was expensive and Wonderful!!!    The 2nd time we went to Hawaii I wanted to get our kids leis but didn't want to spend a lot of money so we picked up two at a Walmart -- they were in plastic clamshell boxes.   Unfortunately once we opened them we found out that they reeked of mashed potatoes --- it was really disappointing.   They were horrid.