STAMPING PASSPORTS

cruisinmems

I have been on several missions trips, and so, I have quite a few more stamps in my passport than my husband. He loves to get vanity stamps in his when we go on a cruise. Some places are happy to oblige, some will not. His passport expires in two years, and he’ll have to get a new one. He’s obviously not going to fill it up to the point of not being able to find an empty page. The people asking about stamps here are most likely in the same boat (pardon the pun 😂) No need to shame someone for wanting vanity stamps if that’s what they want. Not everyone has the same life, that would be boring. The OP was simply asking which ports will stamp. If I remember right, St. Tomas, Aruba, Curaçao,  and even San Juan Puerto Rico did (🙄Yes, I know, part of the US. But Hubby wanted it, and after a polite explanation from me in Spanish, they were happy to oblige.) Don’t judge, just travel your own journey. ❤️🌎

Edited by Chrystine5

18 minutes ago, Chrystine5 said:

I have been on several missions trips, and so, I have quite a few more stamps in my passport than my husband. He loves to get vanity stamps in his when we go on a cruise. Some places are happy to oblige, some will not. His passport expires in two years, and he’ll have to get a new one. He’s obviously not going to fill it up to the point of not being able to find an empty page. The people asking about stamps here are most likely in the same boat (pardon the pun 😂) No need to shame someone for wanting vanity stamps if that’s what they want. Not everyone has the same life, that would be boring. The OP was simply asking which ports will stamp. If I remember right, St. Tomas, Aruba, Curaçao,  and even San Juan Puerto Rico did (🙄Yes, I know, part of the US. But Hubby wanted it, and after a polite explanation from me in Spanish, they were happy to oblige.) Don’t judge, just travel your own journey. ❤️🌎

Most ports in the Caribbean are happy to stamp your passports.

In Europe, it becomes more complicated as they will only stamp your passport upon entering and exit the Schengen Area (if visiting Schengen Member-States). The likelihood is very little that you will be able to get your passport stamped in this zone and we were only successful upon disembarking our TA in Copenhagen.

1 hour ago, coevan said:

Please, how does a passport keep your records in place?  They don't even stamp in order of the next page, stamp wherever they want.

Because although out of order, I know exactly when I entered a foreign country.  This was useful to me in certain paperwork I needed to file a while back - all of my foreign non-cruise travel was in my current and previous passports.  Yeah, I had to flip around, but I know exactly when I was admitted into Country x.

Just now, ProgRockCruiser said:

Because although out of order, I know exactly when I entered a foreign country.  This was useful to me in certain paperwork I needed to file a while back - all of my foreign non-cruise travel was in my current and previous passports.  Yeah, I had to flip around, but I know exactly when I was admitted into Country x.

Which will also help when applying for Visas in the future or should you ever need proof of being in a different country at a different time.