Curaçao first time, recommendations please x

Savage2017

Hi,

My husband and I will be visiting Curacao for the first time in November, we normally like to do a half day excursion followed by the beach with snorkeling or relaxing or both if possible so we can get the best out of the islands.

Would love to know your suggestions 😎❤️

Edited by Savage2017

There are ship excursions but would love to know what suggestions from fellow cruisers who have been there.

Have gotten some great suggestions in the past for other places which have turned out fab, therefore would love to know what people loved or would do again on the island. ❤️

We are heading back for our second time in Nov.  I don't know much about Curacao, but the Hato caves over by the airport looks like a good morning or half day activity, and then off to Mambo beach (same as the sea aquarium beach) for some snorkeling.  This beach is sort of man made, but it is close at hand for a half day, and if you swim out beyond the rock barrier (there are several openings in it you can swim through), on the outside, the water is crystal clear and the snorkeling is actually quite good.

You can take a ship excursion to the caves, or take a taxi, or take the public bus.  We haven't yet decided which method we will use.  You could also rent a car and then head to the beach on your own, which might be better.  

Also, there is an old fort just across the causeway from where the ship docks and you can stroll through it at no cost.  It is an easy walk.

Don