Pick up at FLL Hotel at 12PM to POM - will we make it?

cidymom

I booked a shuttle service to get us from our FLL hotel to POM on a Saturday.  I asked for a 11AM pick up time but was advised they only pick up from FLL hotels at 12PM.  From reading the cruise documents, it appears the ship leave POM at 3:30PM.  Will I make it with time to spare to POM?  I'm worried if the shuttle has to drive around the various FLL hotels to pick others up.  The shuttle service says it usually takes about 1hr to get to POM so we should arrive some time after 1PM which would be great.  Are there any road constructions which may cause a delay? or am I cutting it a bit close and should arrive earlier?  If any one has a better solution, I'm open to hearing them.  Thanks all.

4 hours ago, JohninDC said:

From FLL area to POM on a Saturday should take only 30-40 minutes.

You could drop the shuttle and use Uber or standard Lyft (good for 2-3 passengers and standard bags) for about $35+ for the car.

I agree use Uber or Lyft.  We just used them from MIA to FLL hotel, hotel to PE and then PE to MIA and they were all great and reasonably priced.  We did hit traffic on I 95 to and from MIA so it made it an hour in each direction. I would not risk the shuttle with all their stops and traffic on the roads.

Get the Uber or Lyft at 11:00 as you had wanted to do originally.

• Like 2

Unless you are some large group just use an Uber/Lyft. Around the same price and much easier. As stated on a weekend it is around a 35-40min drive. 

Maybe you are the last pick up on FLL area hotels on that shuttle?