Great Roatan tour co

clwalkermn

We just returned from a cruise on Allure of the Seas with a stop in Roatan.  We arranged a tour through Real Deal Roatan Tours.  Our tour guide was Jaime.  We had an amazing time, and were very pleased with our tour guide.  The tour we had went to see the monkeys and sloths, with stops at the chocolate and rum factories.  Included general island sightseeing.  We felt like we received a great overview of the island. 

www.realdealroatantours.com

• Thanks 1

On 2/11/2019 at 5:42 PM, clwalkermn said:

We just returned from a cruise on Allure of the Seas with a stop in Roatan.  We arranged a tour through Real Deal Roatan Tours.  Our tour guide was Jaime.  We had an amazing time, and were very pleased with our tour guide.  The tour we had went to see the monkeys and sloths, with stops at the chocolate and rum factories.  Included general island sightseeing.  We felt like we received a great overview of the island. 

www.realdealroatantours.com

Sounds like a fun excursion 

How Long was it and how much? 

Is the Van/Bus Air conditioned? 

There were 5 of us.  We paid $40 per person.  It lasted about 4 hours I think.  He was very flexible in what we wanted to do.  He would have dropped us off at the beach if we had wanted that.  We were in an SUV and it was air conditioned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, clwalkermn said:

There were 5 of us.  We paid $40 per person.  It lasted about 4 hours I think.  He was very flexible in what we wanted to do.  He would have dropped us off at the beach if we had wanted that.  We were in an SUV and it was air conditioned.

That sounds more expensive than most tour operators on Roatan. Did it include entrance fees, although there isn’t any for rum factory and i dont know about chocolate factory?

i assume from website sloth entrance was included?

Edited by c-leg5

20 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

That sounds more expensive than most tour operators on Roatan. Did it include entrance fees, although there isn’t any for rum factory and i dont know about chocolate factory?

i assume from website sloth entrance was included?

I emailed them after reading this post 

The $40 Also Covers the fee to go in the monkey/sloth sanctuary....So it’s actually a great deal 

Ship excursions run approx $60/$75 pp for just a city tour 

We put down a deposit for the 3 of us and plan on going to the monkey/sloth sanctuary, Rum and Chocolate factory’s, general sightseeing and then stop for a lobster lunch 😜

Edited by LaCal
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LaCal said:

I emailed them after reading this post 

The $40 Also Covers the fee to go in the monkey/sloth sanctuary....So it’s actually a great deal 

Ship excursions run approx $60/$75 pp for just a city tour 

We put down a deposit for the 3 of us and plan on going to the monkey/sloth sanctuary, Rum and Chocolate factory’s, general sightseeing and then stop for a lobster lunch 😜

I rarely do ship tours.

Agree it is about right if it includes entrance,  actually if it is the same price for three of you that is a better deal. 

Which sanctuary does it go to?

Edited by c-leg5

5 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

I rarely do ship tours.

Agree it is about right if it includes entrance,  actually if it is the same price for three of you that is a better deal. 

Which sanctuary does it go to?

Yes it’s $40 per person and we’ll have our own personal van w driver and tour guide 

Not sure on which sanctuary as I know there’s a few....maybe Daniels