A few questions

coolio111

Willl be going on Oasis of the seas soon, and have a few random questions.

1)Restaurants in the Solarium are they adults only?

2) Usually how long does dinner take in the MDR? looking at past Cruise Compass I see that I would like to see the earlier shows with the kids rather than the later show, but we like to eat early, so how long doe dinner take?

3) We would like to eat around 6:00pm, should I make the reservations for my Time dining or would it be easier to just have the early dining seating at 5:30pm ( I think this is the time.)

4) If we want just the refreshment package do all adults in the same cabin need to get this package?

5)Does the arcade give you points to redeem for prizes?

6) Is the breakfast in the MDR buffet also?

7) Is it ok to watch the ice skating show, or the broadway show on the first night, or is there a chance of them also getting canceled because of rough waters?

8 ) In a past cruise compass I saw that there is a giveaway in the Art Gallery to the first 100 perople. Has anyone gotten one of these packs, what was in it? Was there a line up prior to the opeing time of 6pm?

Edited by coolio111

8 minutes ago, coolio111 said:

2) Usually how long does dinner take in the MDR? looking at past Cruise Compass I see that I would like to see the earlier shows with the kids rather than the later show, but we like to eat early, so how long doe dinner take?

3) We would like to eat around 6:00pm, should I make the reservations for my Time dining or would it be easier to just have the early dining seating at 5:30pm ( I think this is the time.)

4) If we want just the refreshment package do all adults in the same cabin need to get this package?

7) Is it ok to watch the ice skating show, or the broadway show on the first night, or is there a chance of them also getting canceled because of rough waters?

8 ) In a past cruise compass I saw that there is a giveaway in the Art Gallery to the first 100 perople. Has anyone gotten one of these packs, what was in it? Was there a line up prior to the opeing time of 6pm?

1. No

2. If you tell them that you have show reservations, they will get you out in time.  

3. early traditional fixed seating

4. no

5. Sorry, can't help with this one.

6. I don't eat breakfast.  😄 

7. there is always a chance of cancellation; mother nature has a mind of her own

8. stay away from the art auctions; they are a scam and have horrible business practices.  Just my opinion, of course.  😉 

• Like 1

I can answer a few if your questions. 

The restaurant in the Solarium is open to all ages. Only the Solarium itself is for ages 16 and older. 

Dinner in in the MDR takes about an hour, but can be as fast or as slow as you want. 

Whichever dinner time you prefer should be fine as far as getting to the shows on time. However, I would definitely make reservations for MTD if getting out in time for an early showtime is a concern. 

Breakfast in the MDR can be either sit down or buffet, or a combination, whichever you choose. 

I have never seen the Broadway show or the ice show be cancelled due to rough seas. Only the AquaTheater show is usually subject to cancellation and it has happened on any night, not just the first. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, coolio111 said:

1.  No.

2. 3.  You have to choose My Time or Traditional - can’t switch between the two. Dinner can take as long as 2 hours, or as short as an hour.  Probably best if you ask to be seated at your own table; not with others - larger tables tend to take longer - people are looking to visit and have a leisurely dinner. If you are on your own you can tell waiter your time frame and they will try to accommodate.  

4.  No.

5.  I don’t believe so - not certain.

6.  You can order off the menu, and there is also a buffet; can do both, e.g order off the menu and then go to buffet for a bowl of fruit.  

7.  Rarely canceled.  Most likely to be canceled is the aqua theater.

8.  No idea.

• Like 1