Price increase on NCL Spirit

room with a view

Last year we were on the 2018/2019 Spirit Christmas and New year cruise with all inclusive drinks package,150 dollars OBC /120minutes data/ gratuities/1 litre of water per day per person. Cost £2199 per person (2831 US dollars ) cruise only. This year  the 2019/2020 cruise only with the same benefits as above is £3079 pp. (3964 US dollars ) Both in the same type of cabin mid ships balcony deck 10

The 2018/2019 11 day cruise was around the Canaries - the 2019/2020  12 day cruise is from Rome visiting Venice, Kotor. 

I understand that costs have gone up ………….. but to the tune of  £1760 (2265 US dollars) ???? How do the US prices compare?

I know UK customers have the service charge on drinks built in to their package .. but it is still one big difference.

3 minutes ago, room with a view said:

Last year we were on the 2018/2019 Spirit Christmas and New year cruise with all inclusive drinks package,150 dollars OBC /120minutes data/ gratuities/1 litre of water per day per person. Cost £2199 per person (2831 US dollars ) cruise only. This year  the 2019/2020 cruise only with the same benefits as above is £3079 pp. (3964 US dollars ) Both in the same type of cabin mid ships balcony deck 10

The 2018/2019 11 day cruise was around the Canaries - the 2019/2020  12 day cruise is from Rome visiting Venice, Kotor. 

I understand that costs have gone up ………….. but to the tune of  £1760 (2265 US dollars) ???? How do the US prices compare?

I know UK customers have the service charge on drinks built in to their package .. but it is still one big difference.

I know it doesn't quite compare, but there is a current thread about Haven and suite pricing going up quite a bit.  Has been the past few years.  IMO it is throwing out high numbers to see who will pay what.

What I find interesting is that the Spirit is the oldest in the fleet (although we really like it) and they are able (or think) to get those high prices.  I'm wondering if the Spirit is able to generate more money over in Europe (and Asia in the future) vs. he US market that is why it spends so much time over there.  Bottom line for us, if we don't feel the value either we don't go or we go elsewhere if it is being offered.

We like the Spirit , we have cruised Christmas / New Year for the last 3 years and it is convenient to fly from the UK to Europe, Barcelona or Malaga. ( ship's departure and return) .

Probably would have done the same for 2019/2020 but not at these prices (and it will not even be warm weather !!).

It would have been the same deck, midships, same package,one day extra (now 12 days) just a whopping increase in price !!

Yeah, they price real high in advance and then heavily discount at the last minute. If you want a real deal, you should book early on a different cruise line or book last minute with NCL. They regularly offer last minute deals if you are flexible. Good luck.

Thanks, I think we will just sit it out and see if there's a price drop .

How do these prices compare on the US booking site ?  Rome 12/22/2019 December 22nd  BA midships  the package with all inclusive drinks package,150 dollars OBC /120minutes data/ gratuities/1 litre of water per day per person. I guess I will have to allow for the UK including service charge on all drinks (and that's difficult !!)

Return Rome 01/03/2020 January 3rd.