Carnival Vista - LIVE-Feb 24-Mar 3 - Gal to Montego, GC, Coz - Fun Times, Menus, etc.

Saint Greg

After the tour I was hungry. I was going to try to find some lobster on the tour but remember I had the safe issue...so I had to watch my spending. I had a beer at each stop..two at the last stop...tipped Colleen and the driver..and came back with $15.

i had jijis scheduled at 5:30 but I wanted to get something in me now so I grabbed a ringer

F0BB0DBF-9962-45F2-9384-931A068C43E8.jpeg

If you remember from yesterday we left late due to late arrivals. And I filmed our departure so I was late to jijis. I had a 5:30 reservation and I showed up around 6pm. 

The waitress said this means lucky. That’s what it means in English as well.

BE891E2E-4DF6-4B2B-9F23-5DAB90253E3F.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I didn’t really like my server. First off she gave me one of the booth/chair tables...which is great. I like to face the booth. Servers never want you facing the booth. I think it’s easier for them because the aisle chair is totally pushed in and when they walk down the aisle they can interact with you without walking around the table to face you. 

Usually when you say you want to sit in the chair they take that as the final answer this one didn’t. Finally I moved. I thought she was a bit rude. 

I wasn’t thinking about the fact that I had that burger. I really should’ve selected a lighter appetizer than the duck. I also think I broke a rule on the sides. I always get two sides. But I see she wrote ones on the menu. I heard someone in the kitchen saying someone picked two of something when it should’ve been one. May have been talking about me. I would’ve been fine without that noodle thing. I was just trying something new. But nobody said anything. 

I get halfway through the duck and I start thinking..I’m not going to make it  through this meal If I eat this whole thing. The waitress seemed offended that I didn’t finish the duck. And she would not let it go. 

We get to the main and I got the exra spicy kung pao chicken. I may have offended the waitress with my Seinfeld Kung POW! Reference. I don’t know. I don’t think she watches much Seinfeld. I ate all of the Kung pow, most of the rice. I love piping hot steamed white rice with my chineese food. It’s the best. I only ate a couple bites of that noodle side. I had to explain myself for not finishing that as well. While I was taking a bite of the Kung POW she gets up in my face and says “you like the food? It good for you?” Really creepy.

I had the crepe dessert. It was really good. I had a reservation for tonight at JiJi’s  but I canceled it.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Anyway... I really enjoyed the tour. If you haven’t done it you should. I’ve been to Cozumel 9 times and and this was my first time on the other side. I’m sure I’ll go on the tour again another time. It’s not too early. Like I said I left the ship at 9:30 and made it. I would really like to not have to take that cab downtown but $10 isn’t bad. If you wanted to get out a little earlier you could check out downtown before the tour.

https://www.cozumelbarhop.com/

696F2AEB-3516-464B-B6DF-1AF4824632DE.jpeg

D954A29D-6C9E-446B-9AB9-750A6B1E45FD.jpeg

I've done the Bar Hop four times now as a solo, and it's a blast... I guess you could say I'm a Fo Fo Fo Fo Ho... You definitely should have tried the peanut butter tequila at Rastas... They also have amazing fried coconut shrimp and whole fried fish. BTW, did you check out the "Family albums" at Coconuts?... Good times...

• Like 2

After that Q&A I headed to brunch. If you think comedy lines are long, you should’ve seen the people lined up to get luggage tags 20 mins before they were released. I waited until after brunch and got zone 10 with no wait 10mins after the tags were released...which I believe was the 2nd or 3rd lowest number available. I came back an hour later and 14 was the lowest.

33306B65-3861-4397-8C9A-565E2B52910D.jpeg

0A59940B-6C5D-4B57-8D82-234D616F9694.jpeg

4 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I've done the Bar Hop four times now as a solo, and it's a blast... I guess you could say I'm a Fo Fo Fo Fo Ho... You definitely should have tried the peanut butter tequila at Rastas... They also have amazing fried coconut shrimp and whole fried fish. BTW, did you check out the "Family albums" at Coconuts?... Good times...

Well they were out of the tequila..unless I wanted to drink after Mrs. Boats. Yes I took a peek.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Oh...who wanted the spa stuff? Getting back on the ship yesterday I saw the spa girl handing out flyers I was like “Yes! I need one of those!” Then I saw another one at their lido setup.

EDBE2D47-EA6F-4464-BD42-E3F70E3A0435.jpeg

5629999E-437A-4E51-B39E-1967A90739FF.jpeg

That was me, thanks!