Similarities and differences - P and O and Celebrity

AmandaLMcL

4 hours ago, frogsgirl said:

hi mrsgoggins

I had already booked a cruise on Britannia end of May before the cruise on Ventura so will see if there is anything different to Ventura or comparable with X.

I always make the most of any situation and we did have a good holiday.

Price was a factor in giving P&O a go however I’m a quality over quantity type of person so this will play a factor in future bookings.

The staff do work very hard and such long hours, I didn’t expect them to perform for me, that’s not my style but the overwhelming feeling we got was they were simply not happy and maybe too exhausted to interact, it was just such a stark contrast to what we have previously experienced. 

Sadly we did see a significant amount of ignorance and rudeness by fellow passengers to each other and staff members and I had a few cringe moments but this happens in all cultures.

I’ll report back on my Britannia experience next month. 😊

Again frogsgirl seems we have much in common - and we live in Lancashire too!

We didn’t witness any rudeness from fellow passengers or staff thankfully, but did experience more indifference on P&O from staff than we are used to, and we are low maintenance folk. I think your assessment of why this may be is probably spot on.

I will be very interested to know what you make of your Britannia cruise and hope that you have a much more positive experience.

Celebrity has 5* service and food, 4* entertainment,  less formal, larger drink measures ie free flow. Solstice class ships have good sized cabins including inside.

P&O 3* service and food but 5* entertainment. More formal. Small optic spirit measures. Smaller cabins. 

Celebrity is more expensive but IMO worth it.