Landing in FLL early, what to do with luggage until we sail?

pmck

Good Morning,

Looking for some suggestions.  We have an early flight from PHL/FLL on the morning of 5/26/19 (the day we sail). We are scheduled to land at 9:30 a.m. and are trying to figure out what to do until we can get on the ship?  We will have our luggage with us.  We can go and have a leisurely breakfast, but will be lugging at least 3 large suitcases (for the 3 of us).  Does anyone know if we can check our bags earlier, then come back and check ourselves in? Any suggestions will be welcomed. 

While we are on the subject of luggage, there will be my husband, our daughter and me in our balcony room.  Will there be room to store the luggage after we unpack?  I've read "under the bed", but I'm curious to see what past cruisers have done in this situation.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Patti:classic_rolleyes:

By the time you land, gather your luggage and get an Uber or taxi to the port, you will be met by porters who will take the luggage off your hands.  (Approximately 10:25 - 10:30) You should be able to walk into the terminal and get checked in.  You will be on board no later than 11:00.

Enjoy!😎

• Like 1

Agree, I would go straight to port/ship once you land and collect your luggage, that really isn't early and fingers crossed you have no flight delays!  Some ships we've been able to put luggage under the bed but usually we tuck it into the closet if possible.  

• Like 1

Quite honestly, you are not arriving early!  Many/most experienced cruisers arrive the night before. Personally would never fly in the day of - too many possibilities that could make you miss the ship - weather, mechanical, crew delays, lost/delayed bags, etc.

If your flight lands at 9:30, with luck, you will be out of the airport by 10:00. You will need to get to the port, cab, Uber, and by the time you get to the port you will be checking your bags with the porters and checking in.  Boarding usually starts around 11:00. 

Luggage fits it’s under the bed quite easily. If you open one suitcase up and slide under the bed like that you will have a place to store dirty laundry. 

Suggest changing the font you are using to post - current one is very hard to read!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CORKY_Q said:

By the time you land, gather your luggage and get an Uber or taxi to the port, you will be met by porters who will take the luggage off your hands.  (Approximately 10:25 - 10:30) You should be able to walk into the terminal and get checked in.  You will be on board no later than 11:00.

Enjoy!😎

Oh thanks.. Yes, I always forget that "landing" at 9:30 doesn't mean that we'll be off the plane or out of the airport then.. haha