Beach tour that includes Achilles Bay?

kcparrothead

Achilles Bay would not be on an organized tour as it is not one of the desired destinations. Some people like to go there because there is often no one else there or very few. It is not much of a beach in my opinion but to each their own. A group of 20+ going there might be disappointed. I have walked there and to Fort Catherine, the beach is down some stairs right behind the Beach House Restaurant; from the St. George’s ferry terminal, but you could also hop in taxis at the ferry terminal or from the town square. The problem would be getting taxis back from there for such a large group. The easiest beach to get to with a 20+ group would be Horseshoe Bay as there are minibus shuttles that run from the Dockyard and back all day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2019 at 9:44 PM, Charles4515 said:

Achilles Bay would not be on an organized tour as it is not one of the desired destinations. Some people like to go there because there is often no one else there or very few. It is not much of a beach in my opinion but to each their own. A group of 20+ going there might be disappointed. I have walked there and to Fort Catherine, the beach is down some stairs right behind the Beach House Restaurant; from the St. George’s ferry terminal, but you could also hop in taxis at the ferry terminal or from the town square. The problem would be getting taxis back from there for such a large group. The easiest beach to get to with a 20+ group would be Horseshoe Bay as there are minibus shuttles that run from the Dockyard and back all day.

Thanks for your feedback.   We are a group who have been cruising together for 10 years & we saw a photo of the rock formations & wanted to see it in person.  We really don't hang out at the beach that long (if there's not a tiki bar 🙂 )  We are usually able to rent a van or two in the Caribbean to get around.  We are there for 2 days & want to see Horseshoe Bay but since it is so easy to get to we'd rather go to beaches that aren't that crowded with cruisers. Can you recommend any other cool beaches with formations & pink sand?  We also want to visit the seaglass beach. Are there any beaches with food & drink available?

Thanks for your feedback.   We are a group who have been cruising together for 10 years & we saw a photo of the rock formations & wanted to see it in person.  We really don't hang out at the beach that long (if there's not a tiki bar [emoji846] )  We are usually able to rent a van or two in the Caribbean to get around.  We are there for 2 days & want to see Horseshoe Bay but since it is so easy to get to we'd rather go to beaches that aren't that crowded with cruisers. Can you recommend any other cool beaches with formations & pink sand?  We also want to visit the seaglass beach. Are there any beaches with food & drink available?

I wasn’t saying don’t stop at Achilles, only that it won’t be on a tour unless you make your own. You say 20 which would take a couple of minibuses which you could arrange. As for rock formations most beaches in Bermuda have rock formations. Above Achilles Bay there is the Beach House bar and restaurant. I don’t know if the pictures of Achilles Bay show it but the beach there is quite small. What I personally do almost every time in St. George’s, I take the ferry there, is go to nearby Tobacco Bay which is easy to get to either by taxi, shuttle or walking from the ferry terminal and easy to get back from, then I walk from there to Fort Catherine, Achilles and St. Catherine beach and visit them. They are about a ten minute walk from Tobacco. Tobacco Bay has food and drink, chair rentals, bathrooms and changing room.

Thank you!  I'm not sure all 20 will join in, sometimes it's just one-half to two-thirds of us.  Just want to cover bases before I share with them. Tobacco Bay sounds like a good place to stop for a bit. Do you know if a mini bus would be less expensive than hiring a driver?

Thank you!  I'm not sure all 20 will join in, sometimes it's just one-half to two-thirds of us.  Just want to cover bases before I share with them. Tobacco Bay sounds like a good place to stop for a bit. Do you know if a mini bus would be less expensive than hiring a driver?

If you want to do minibuses for your large group I suggest contacting a company and negotiating in advance with them. Titan Express is one I know of that has larger buses. Another is Ricky’s. There may be others but here are some links.

http://www.titantoursbermuda.com/en

https://www.rickysminibus.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk