Rainforest Adventures

mac66

Since I haven't seen a review of Rainforest Adventures I thought I would offer one up.

Just got back from a cruise that stopped at St. Maarten.  We went to Rainforest Adventures (RA) and had a great time. Basically you can chose four activities, the chair lift, the tube ride, Sentry Hill Zip line and the Flying Dutchman zip line.  The chairlift takes you to the top of the mountain where the views are spectacular.  Part way up you come to the tube ride, aka Schooner,  which is pretty fun.  The Sentry Hill zip line is actually a series of 4 zip lines which prepares you for the Flying Dutchman which is the longer, steeper zip line.  I thought it was better that the Dragon's Breath zip line on Labadee (RCI's private resort).  We did all four activities.

Carnival offers RA as through the ship excursion but since we were on Royal we booked it ourselves.  Taxi service from the port was $7/person each way.

Edited by mac66

Thanks for the detailed review.  Glad to know we can take a taxi to Rainforest Adventure, as the reviews I read on some other sites said the park was great, but transportation was sketchy.

If you book through the website you have to stick to their drop off and pick up times. If you just pick up a taxi by yourself you can go (before the crowds) and come back any time you are ready. There are usually lines of taxis waiting at the pier.  We called for a taxi when we were done and it took about 20 minutes to be picked up.

• 1 month later...
On 2/25/2019 at 7:25 PM, mac66 said:

If you book through the website you have to stick to their drop off and pick up times. If you just pick up a taxi by yourself you can go (before the crowds) and come back any time you are ready. There are usually lines of taxis waiting at the pier.  We called for a taxi when we were done and it took about 20 minutes to be picked up.

Do you have to call for a taxi or are there taxi's there waiting for ship passengers wanting a ride back to the ship?

5 hours ago, PROCRUISE said:

Do you have to call for a taxi or are there taxi's there waiting for ship passengers wanting a ride back to the ship?

The driver who takes you will likely give you his number to call for a return trip though you are not obligated to do so.  There are taxis coming and going all the time. If we hadn't already called we would have just taken a taxi that was dropping someone off.

My suggestion is to go first thing in the morning before the cruise tours/ bus loads of people start.

Edited by mac66
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, mac66 said:

The driver who takes you will likely give you his number to call for a return trip though you are not obligated to do so.  There are taxis coming and going all the time. If we hadn't already called we would have just taken a taxi that was dropping someone off.

My suggestion is to go first thing in the morning before the cruise tours/ bus loads of people start.

Thanks for taking your time to answer - very much appreciated. We'll be there December 4th and went ahead and booked all three adventures. Hope we survive!!

1 hour ago, PROCRUISE said:

Thanks for taking your time to answer - very much appreciated. We'll be there December 4th and went ahead and booked all three adventures. Hope we survive!!

You'll have fun

• 4 months later...
On 2/18/2019 at 4:22 PM, mac66 said:

Since I haven't seen a review of Rainforest Adventures I thought I would offer one up.

Just got back from a cruise that stopped at St. Maarten.  We went to Rainforest Adventures (RA) and had a great time. Basically you can chose four activities, the chair lift, the tube ride, Sentry Hill Zip line and the Flying Dutchman zip line.  The chairlift takes you to the top of the mountain where the views are spectacular.  Part way up you come to the tube ride, aka Schooner,  which is pretty fun.  The Sentry Hill zip line is actually a series of 4 zip lines which prepares you for the Flying Dutchman which is the longer, steeper zip line.  I thought it was better that the Dragon's Breath zip line on Labadee (RCI's private resort).  We did all four activities.

Carnival offers RA as through the ship excursion but since we were on Royal we booked it ourselves.  Taxi service from the port was $7/person each way.

Hi! I am having a hard time finding reviews/feedback for both RA and taxi service to there, so thanks a million for posting!!

My son really wants to do Flying Dutchman so that is a guarantee.  But we were thinking of only doing that, then hoping to head out to Maho beach to get lunch.  Would you highly recommend the other rides too?  And could you tell me about how long it took you to finish? Thank you in advance!