Combining Diamond balcony discount with Senior Rate experiences?

Just a quick one. Can my Diamond balcony discount be combined with my father's +55 senior discount? He is Gold.

I ask, because after looking at the invoice from a recent cruise, I'm quite sure that they have been combined, just not broken down into their constituent parts.

My father's payment showed as $1000 less than mine on that sailing. That seems a lot!

Could my travel agent (with whom I have great trust in) have added the balcony discount, our OBC, and the Senior Rate together and just shown it as one discount?

No biggie, I'd just like to know if anyone has any ideas. Thanks!

Yes they are combinable (meaning they can both be used together).  On Royals invoice theyshow as separate entries.  Your travel agent may combine them as one line.

realize that a senior discount is not automatic nor is it a set amount.  It is offered on a very few sailings.

if you and your father are sharing a room do not forget that Royal had been running a 50% or 60% off the second guest for several years making the second persons fare lower.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes they are combinable.

realize that a senior discount is not automatic nor is it a set amount.  It is offered on a very few sailings.

if you and your father are sharing a room do not forget that Royal had been running a 50% or 60% off the second guest for several years making the second persons fare lower.

Thanks! Very helpful. This was a cruise last November. I was just studying the invoice.

I'd forgotten about the % off a second person, so maybe that was it.

Seems I got lucky with the combinables!

In the future, you can go to your RCL account and are able to examine details by type of discount and pricing by individual.  Many times when I do a mock booking and see a cruise price, other than a balcony discount, I can't tell if it's senior, resident or some other discount.  Also, many times the details show more than the advertised 30/50/60% off discounts.  Keep in mind that you need to enter all of the specifics, re: C&A #, senior, resident, etc. to arrive at a total cruise fare.