price drop after final payment. Do I have any options?

TexasCruiser84

I just talked to my PCC today, and he was able to secure an OBC of 25% of the difference between what I paid and what the cabin is going for now.  They couldn't upgrade because the price difference was too great, but I'm happy to have gotten something!

• Like 1

On 2/27/2019 at 5:25 PM, cyndepet said:

I just talked to my PCC today, and he was able to secure an OBC of 25% of the difference between what I paid and what the cabin is going for now.  They couldn't upgrade because the price difference was too great, but I'm happy to have gotten something!

You received the exact thing we received on our upcoming cruise. I called and asked my TA if she could  try and get us something. I knew very well that after the final payment is made there is a very slim chance of receiving anything. It still does not hurt to ask the question and not let it ruin your cruise if it does not work out the you want it to.

Edited by kenb
misspell

I'm a happy camper. Today I noticed the cruise I am booked on for April has balcony cabins at the same price as I paid for an inside a month ago. I called NCL and they upgraded me to a balcony for no additional charge.

On 2/26/2019 at 4:42 PM, TexasCruiser84 said:

Check your account/cruise documents in the next day or so.  My upgrade was also a GTY so I figured I would have to wait to get a room assignment, but my account showed a new cabin assignment less than 24 hours later.  

They gave me a free upgrade today because the suite dropped and was only 40 pp more than I paid for balcony. I offered to pay the difference but they gave it to me and gave me the cabin assignment at the same time. deck twelve mid ship. Needless to say, very happy.

WE booked an inside cabin guarantee for $649 last week. We got our stateroom assigned within a day. Yesterday the cruise went down by $100 dollars. An inside guarantee is now $549 and Balcony guarantee $599.... so we called our TA and she upgraded us to a Balcony guarantee, no questions asked, all of this is done after final payment...so the options are there, you just have to ask for it..