Recommendations: 1st time in Curacao w/10 yr. old.

Racer70

We'll be in Curacao for our 1st time on RCI's "Freedom of the Seas" at the end of July 2019 from 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. Our active 10 yr. old daughter, who loves to swim will also be with us. I noted that a Carnival cruise ship will also be in port the same day, but arriving a little later.

We're not aware of any island or snorkel, beach tours. Although I have seen some suggestions to rent a car and tour the the island and its beaches on our own. We'd like to snorkel, swim and enjoy some beach time, but also might enjoy seeing a bit of the island and being on our own.

As I said, we're only in Curacao for about 12 hours and would like to make the most of our time, but being realistic and not over booking ourselves.

Any recommendations for a full day in Curacao? TIA

Me again, (left a note in Aruba thread too)

We took a taxi to Blue Bay for the morning. 

Decent beach, good snorkel spot. (highlighted by Octopus visit!!)

Taxi back to town after lunch and walked around the port for a bit. Saw the fort, experienced Queen Emma's bridge open/close a couple times and had a very enjoyable walk around town. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2019 at 10:41 AM, NateUpNorth said:

Me again, (left a note in Aruba thread too)

We took a taxi to Blue Bay for the morning. 

Decent beach, good snorkel spot. (highlighted by Octopus visit!!)

Taxi back to town after lunch and walked around the port for a bit. Saw the fort, experienced Queen Emma's bridge open/close a couple times and had a very enjoyable walk around town. 

Did you have any concern about taxi returning to pick you up?    Can you call a taxi from nearby hotel?

Check out Irie tours beachhopping.  It wouldn’t fit the ‘and be on our own’ requirement but it hops to a few different beaches where you can swim, snorkel or relax.  One stop we swam with Turtles which was a highlight!  It was a good tour! Doing it this way no worries about someone coming back for you.  Tour was about 6hours total.

13 hours ago, charlie786 said:

Did you have any concern about taxi returning to pick you up?    Can you call a taxi from nearby hotel?

No concerns. Our taxi driver asked what time we wanted to be picked up. We didn't know so left it open ended and took his card.

When we returned to the pick up area there was another taxi waiting and they called the original driver for us.

(they seemed pretty intent on referring us back to the original driver)

I would imagine you could also call from the facilities on site.