FTTF CARNIVAL

tsratilf

I want to purchase FTTF but I will not be arriving till around 3:30 pm to the port! We depart at 6:30! I want to know is it worth purchasing it if we will be arriving a little later? We do have water service shuttle to one of the islands but we may purchase a carnival excursion which will give us quick access to the island. I AM not really familiar with the program although I am a frequent cruiser but not with carnival.

On 2/25/2019 at 10:03 AM, tsratilf said:

I want to purchase FTTF but I will not be arriving till around 3:30 pm to the port! We depart at 6:30! I want to know is it worth purchasing it if we will be arriving a little later? We do have water service shuttle to one of the islands but we may purchase a carnival excursion which will give us quick access to the island. I AM not really familiar with the program although I am a frequent cruiser but not with carnival.

I requested you post be moved to the Carnival boards so you can get more advise. It was originally/is currently in Community Contests.

If you are boarding and departing that late (unless the previous arrival was also very late) I think your cabin will be ready when you board and you should have a fairly quick boarding, so two of the major attractions to FTTF would not be necessary.  As you mentioned, Carnival excursions would grant you priority tendering.  That leaves dedicated guest services line, priority disembarkment, and maybe a slight priority - but no guarantee - on dining choice (based on my memory of the program).  It sounds like FTTF would not be worth the cost in my opinion.

Have a great cruise!

• Like 1

On 2/25/2019 at 8:03 AM, tsratilf said:

In my experience, the ship usually allows people on Carnival excursions to disembark at the port earlier to make their departure times so I wouldn't buy FTTF for that purpose.  You don't need it for early arrival and rooms are usually ready by 1-130, since you won't arrive until 330, your room will be ready so you don't need FTTF for that.  I have never bought FTTF and wouldn't for these circumstances.  I would, however, consider it:  example, if we had an early morning flight and I want to make sure I can self disembark earlier than the non-FTTF crowds.