Tipping @ Supper Club

allison61

I am thinking about bringing a bottle of my own wine to the supper club when we go. I have heard that sometimes there is a "corkage" fee applied, but not always is this charged - seems like it is at the waitstaff's discretion.

I'll go prepared to pay the corkage fee, and if they do not charge me for it, that money will become their tip (if the service is good). If they do charge me for it, I guess Carnival gets the money and no tip will be offered.

I am thinking about bringing a bottle of my own wine to the supper club when we go. I have heard that sometimes there is a "corkage" fee applied, but not always is this charged - seems like it is at the waitstaff's discretion.

I'll go prepared to pay the corkage fee, and if they do not charge me for it, that money will become their tip (if the service is good). If they do charge me for it, I guess Carnival gets the money and no tip will be offered.

In the main dining room, you will be charged a corkage fee about half the time. When I am not charged this fee, I appreciate it - though I do not make an issue of it. When I AM charged the fee, I understand - though I do not retaliate by reducing the tips for the waiter.

In the supper club it is indicated that the $30 pp does include a tip. We usually tip an additional $10 pp when the service is very good. That would be independent of the activity of the sommelier.

Tom

Archived