On our own advise please :)

WandHinTX

We'll be visiting Barbados with Celebrity in April, and we're actually in port here on our 10 year anniversary. I'm pretty sure the schedule shows we're one of 4 total ships in port that day, so it's going to be crowded. For those that know, we would love some pointers on our planned activities. Do we have enough time for this, in which order should we go, etc. There's only one option for docking here, correct? As opposed to Crown Bay/Havensight on St. Thomas? We arrive at 8 am and leave at 6 pm. Will taxi's be available to pick us up at all these places, or should we try and hire one for the day? Any advise is appreciated, thanks in advance!

Option #1:

Mount Gay tour (want to make sure we get a bottle to bring home, too)->Bathsheba (maybe each lunch at Dina's Bar here?)->Crane Beach->back to port to pick up souvenirs before getting back on board

Option #2:

Mount Gay tour->Crane Resort for a day pass and just stay here all day including lunch-> back to port and pick up souvenirs before getting back on board

Thanks,

Will

Edited by WandHinTX

1 hour ago, WandHinTX said:

We'll be visiting Barbados with Celebrity in April, and we're actually in port here on our 10 year anniversary. I'm pretty sure the schedule shows we're one of 4 total ships in port that day, so it's going to be crowded. For those that know, we would love some pointers on our planned activities. Do we have enough time for this, in which order should we go, etc. There's only one option for docking here, correct? As opposed to Crown Bay/Havensight on St. Thomas? We arrive at 8 am and leave at 6 pm. Will taxi's be available to pick us up at all these places, or should we try and hire one for the day? Any advise is appreciated, thanks in advance!

Option #1:

Mount Gay tour (want to make sure we get a bottle to bring home, too)->Bathsheba (maybe each lunch at Dina's Bar here?)->Crane Beach->back to port to pick up souvenirs before getting back on board

Option #2:

Mount Gay tour->Crane Resort for a day pass and just stay here all day including lunch-> back to port and pick up souvenirs before getting back on board

Thanks,

Will

Personally, would chose to visit the Foursquare distillery,  better tour,  better Rum.  Richard is "the " man in Barbados when it comes to rum.

5 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Personally, would chose to visit the Foursquare distillery,  better tour,  better Rum.  Richard is "the " man in Barbados when it comes to rum.

Thanks for the tip! We'll check out Foursquare instead. 

12 hours ago, WandHinTX said:

Thanks for the tip! We'll check out Foursquare instead. 

At Foursquare there isn't a charge for the visit to the distillery and grounds (follow the footsteps in your own time), and end the tour in the tasting room at US$10.00 per person (excellent value as large pours of guality rums), with a knowledgeable host explaining every Rum.  This adds greatly to the tasting experience.  You will sample only the good and excellent Foursquare rum expressions, not the standard commercial brands as offered by MGay distillery.

Foursquare will have rum expressions for sale that are not available in the USA.

• Like 1

This is great information, would love to bring home a special bottle we can only get on the island.

Drop Richard an Email and ask if they could reserve a bottle of Triptych or Destino, you may be very very lucky.

Richard will know of all the Foursquare top end releases and expressions not available in the USA.

enjoy.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Predictive can not spell
  • Like 1

On 2/28/2019 at 9:56 AM, PORT ROYAL said:

Drop Richard an Email and ask if they could reserve a bottle of Triptych or Destino, you may be very very lucky.

Richard will know of all the Foursquare top end releases and expressions not available in the USA.

enjoy.

I've tried the only email I could find on the website with no response in a week, is there another address? Also, do you know if they accept US dollars?

Thanks, 

Will

6 hours ago, WandHinTX said:

I've tried the only email I could find on the website with no response in a week, is there another address? Also, do you know if they accept US dollars?

Thanks, 

Will

Sometimes there is a delay for replies by email, but you can always try via Facebook as it is monitored by their Marketing/PR department.

They are very happy to take USD.

Have a fabulous visit.

I did have success getting in touch through facebook, and was told there's s little Dominus left and that Empery would be available by then. Dominus I have found online and read about, but can't find Empery so I was wondering if you were familiar? I'm sure Dominus is great, we're just not big cognac drinkers and not sure about the cognac cask finish. I'll be sure and rate it if possible, though. 

Thanks again, 

Will

I did have success getting in touch through facebook, and was told there's s little Dominus left and that Empery would be available by then. Dominus I have found online and read about, but can't find Empery so I was wondering if you were familiar? I'm sure Dominus is great, we're just not big cognac drinkers and not sure about the cognac cask finish. I'll be sure and rate it if possible, though. 

Thanks again, 

Will

Wow, you're beignets offered Empery before release?  Take a bow!

On Dominus, I like the Cognac finish as it gives a little flash of sweet/sour after the sip,

the followed by a multiple mix of dry and semi-dry, going on to a long finish of dryer flovours to challenge your taste buds.  Try thinking of playing hide and seek with your abilities to recognise.  You will use a lot of "it is", then gone, but now I get......

Would think Empery would be even more challenging, and different.  Possibly more towards the dry end of the scale, as Richard has already covered the mid to sweeter expressions.  The man is a genius.

Addendum 

Spoke with my Bajan friend and he confirmed there will be three new "Exceptional Cask" releases.

IX Empery bottled at 56% Bourbon Cask finish

Imperium bottled at 58% Bourbon Cask finish

Patrimonio bottled at 56% Sherry and Bourbon cask finish

Three not messed around with, kick ass bottlings.

Could there be an another ask to Foursquare by you?

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Typo

29 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Addendum 

Spoke with my Bajan friend and he confirmed there will be three new "Exceptional Cask" releases.

IX Empery bottled at 56% Bourbon Cask finish

Imperium bottled at 58% Bourbon Cask finish

Patrimonio bottled at 56% Sherry and Bourbon cask finish

Three not messed around with, kick ass bottlings.

Could there be an another ask to Foursquare by you?

Many thanks! I'll certainly ask about those, especially the Patrimonio.

• 2 weeks later...

Port Royal, I'm not going to have any issues hailing a taxi from Foursquare am I? I'm thinking someone in the tasting room will be able to call, surely they have plenty of experience with getting people safe rides. Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2019 at 1:50 PM, WandHinTX said:

Port Royal, I'm not going to have any issues hailing a taxi from Foursquare am I? I'm thinking someone in the tasting room will be able to call, surely they have plenty of experience with getting people safe rides. Thanks in advance

Foursquare will call a very reliable and known taxi service for it's visitors.

• Like 1