SUNDAY IN ROME

tony s

Near the Spanish Steps area/ via Condoti shopping streets - Ginger Sapori e Salute.  Bright, airy.  Healthy Italian fare and global fare.  You can look at their website: 

www.gingersaporiesalute.com

My last time in Rome, I ended up eating there once for lunch and once for dinner.  The lunch specials were pretty good.  The place gets crowded - it's a good mix of locals (a lot of business people at lunch) and tourists.   I dropped in one afternoon and picked up one of their smoothies - oooh so good on a hot afternoon.    It's definitely not what one thinks of as an Italian restaurant (it's actually part of a Spanish chain), but it hit the spot for me.

Our private tour guide took us to Obica after we went to the Spanish Steps.  We told him we wanted something a little more authentic and representative of Rome. 

We were there on a Sunday in November and there was a cute little bustling market that was next to it.  We ate outside on the patio and a street guy even came over and played some italian music for us for some italian ambiance.  The food was absolutely delish!  I have posted a pic of the menu.  It was even quite reasonable.  I think we were there for less than an hour.  After we got our food it started to fill up and get crowded.

http://www.obica.com/ristoranti/roma-campo-dei-fiori

20181111_132006.jpg

20181111_125021.jpg

DSCN4428.JPG

Just a note.  The above-mentioned restaurant is in Campo dei Fiore.  That's not near the Vatican nor the Spanish Steps.   The open-air market there use to be decent, but now it's reduced to selling a lot of cheap tourist stuff.   I will say that 2 of my favorite restaurants are in that area - Roscioli and Pizzeria Emma.  And, good gelato just a block away at Carapina (a little hole-in-the-wall).

• Like 1