Dawn Suite Lunch Perk for extended family

takeadip

Hello Fellow Critics,

We are on the DAWN in a suite sailing May 25th 2019 out of NYC. My wife and (2) children with me in family suite. My in-laws are in a balcony.

When we first board the ship I think we (the 4 of us) can eat at a special lunch place (cagneys?) where it is away from the hustle and bustle... Can we bring my in-laws with us to the lunch? Can we pay for them as an option or are they allowed "free" as our guests?

Best,

Mark

Cagney's can be very crowded on embarkation days and it wouldn't be fair to the other suite guests to do this.  The main dining room is great on that first day, never crowded, and great atmosphere for all of you if you want to lunch together.

2 hours ago, lanceholt said:

Cagney's can be very crowded on embarkation days and it wouldn't be fair to the other suite guests to do this.  The main dining room is great on that first day, never crowded, and great atmosphere for all of you if you want to lunch together.

this is great advice...i think we will drop anchor in the main dining room as our firs lunch on the ship...

Never thought I'd like the Dawn.  She and the Star don't have a Great Outdoors and had their Spinnaker lounge removed during a dry dock a few years ago.  However, cruised her to Bermuda last fall.  Love that ship!  She was in great condition, very attractive, and the crew all wonderful.  I really enjoyed the wonderful bar staff down at the deck 6 Gatsby's bar.   Made that our evening first stop for one or two...or three.  As a suite guest you can have specialty breakfast up in the Moderno restaurant.  Loved it an the staff serving.  Again, suite guests only.  However, if you in laws sleep in, you can slip away for yourselves.   Or better yet, maybe you can convince them to take the kids to the buffet, which kids like, and just the two of you can head up to Modernos for some get away time.   Yea...that's it!!!

Edited by roger001

7 hours ago, takeadip said:

Hello Fellow Critics,

We are on the DAWN in a suite sailing May 25th 2019 out of NYC. My wife and (2) children with me in family suite. My in-laws are in a balcony.

When we first board the ship I think we (the 4 of us) can eat at a special lunch place (cagneys?) where it is away from the hustle and bustle... Can we bring my in-laws with us to the lunch? Can we pay for them as an option or are they allowed "free" as our guests?

Best,

Mark

In Haven restaurants, you can bring guests in when you pay a [heafty] fee per person. Never tried on a small ship.