Boarding Time at Seward

blondie59

For our south-bound cruise from Seward on the Noordam, departure time is 8:00 PM. How does this affect boarding times? Still start around noon, or is it later? Do people board up until 6:30? Can you drop off luggage and/or check-in then go back out and tour?

Normal boarding times: noon for sure and any time up to about 6:30 pm.  You can have lunch and then take off.  Muster drill will be around 7 pm, right in between 1st and 2nd dinner seatings.

Have a wonderful cruise!!

Edited by SilvertoGold

Speaking of Seward. . . . we are wondering when the HAL buses pick up those of us with land tours from Anchorage?

Also if the bus stops for photo ops along the way? Or is it just a direct transfer?

What time we can expect to arrive at the ship?

I do not have final docs, but no specifics are available yet.

The cost of the transfer from Anchorage is included in the land tour. If I book a private transfer, will I receive credit for my unused transfer?

thank you

14 hours ago, blondie59 said:

Thanks SilvertoGold, for such a quick answer. This board has been so helpful in planning our first HAL cruise.

Hope you enjoy!   Come back and ask more questions.  I know I had a million on our first cruise.

19 hours ago, blondie59 said:

For our south-bound cruise from Seward on the Noordam, departure time is 8:00 PM. How does this affect boarding times? Still start around noon, or is it later? Do people board up until 6:30? Can you drop off luggage and/or check-in then go back out and tour?

The vast majority of passenger will arrive on a train from Anchorage that arrives about 6:30. The ship is available for boarding at the usual times. You can board, eat and then go explore Seward if you want, or drop your bags and check in later. The passengers on  the train are normally checked in on the train and walk right on to the ship.

Another question, then....how early can you check in and/or drop off bags? Planning to return a rental car at 11:00, then do Major Marine cruise at 11:30. Cruise returns at 5:30. Will we need to take bags to Major Marine, I believe they will store them?

Also, on-line check-in doesn't give you a place to request boarding time. Does HAL just assign this?

1 hour ago, blondie59 said:

Another question, then....how early can you check in and/or drop off bags? Planning to return a rental car at 11:00, then do Major Marine cruise at 11:30. Cruise returns at 5:30. Will we need to take bags to Major Marine, I believe they will store them?

Also, on-line check-in doesn't give you a place to request boarding time. Does HAL just assign this?

You shouldl be able to check bags before dropping off your rental car. Everything is very close, even if walking.