Tru Bahamian Food Tours - Bites of Nassau Tour

shadowmeboy

My wife and I and two friends went on Bites of Nassau tour when we were recently in Nassau and had a great time. I loved trying the different foods and learning more about Nassau. I recommend it if you are looking for something a little different in Nassau. Mark, our guide was very knowledgeable.

To see more about this tour, I put together a video on  YouTube about this excursion. Feel free to check it out!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lbfluffy said:

Great. Now I need to decide what time slot to choose. We arrive at 8 am.

The heaviest portion of the food is the first stop. I would choose a time closer to lunch. I would say 1030 at the earliest.

10 hours ago, lbfluffy said:

Is that a nice beach?

It's not the best.  It's on the harbor which means you have a nice view of the ships and the lighthouse but it also means the water isn't as clear and blue as other beaches.  I wouldn't choose it for a best day myself, but if you just want to hang out at a beach for a couple of hours after a tour, it's a good option.  Easy walking distance to the port and there are bars and bathrooms.

8 minutes ago, CruisinCrow said:

It's not the best.  It's on the harbor which means you have a nice view of the ships and the lighthouse but it also means the water isn't as clear and blue as other beaches.  I wouldn't choose it for a best day myself, but if you just want to hang out at a beach for a couple of hours after a tour, it's a good option.  Easy walking distance to the port and there are bars and bathrooms.

I think we might just go back to the ship. We have the drink plan so we can enjoy the ship’s pool and have a drink. We may need a nap after all the food.

i forgot to ask, will we get an opportunity to buy rum cakes and chocolate on the tour?

Thank you,

Jessica 

1 minute ago, lbfluffy said:

I think we might just go back to the ship. We have the drink plan so we can enjoy the ship’s pool and have a drink. We may need a nap after all the food.

i forgot to ask, will we get an opportunity to buy rum cakes and chocolate on the tour?

Thank you,

Jessica 

Yes. There are even coupons on the back of the guide they give you!

18 minutes ago, lbfluffy said:

Thank you,

Jessica 

The tour ends at the rum cake shop so you will have all the time you want afterwards to buy rum cakes.  But you won't have time to buy chocolates unless you skip part of the next stop.  When we did the tour, the next stop was just across the street from Graycliff so you could get chocolates and then join the rest of the group.  I didn't want to miss anything on the tour, so we ended up walking back to Graycliff after the tour to buy our chocolates.  Definitely use those coupons!

31 minutes ago, CruisinCrow said:

The tour ends at the rum cake shop so you will have all the time you want afterwards to buy rum cakes.  But you won't have time to buy chocolates unless you skip part of the next stop.  When we did the tour, the next stop was just across the street from Graycliff so you could get chocolates and then join the rest of the group.  I didn't want to miss anything on the tour, so we ended up walking back to Graycliff after the tour to buy our chocolates.  Definitely use those coupons!

Our guide gave us a few minutes to make purchases at the chocolate shop.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruisinCrow said:

I will do that. Is the walk far? I don’t know why I keep asking about the walk. I walk 2 miles daily. However my husband doesn’t walk as much as I do.

I see it stops at a Greek restaurant. How was it? I’m half Greek and I love Greek food.

Thanks for your help.

15 minutes ago, lbfluffy said:

I will do that. Is the walk far? I don’t know why I keep asking about the walk. I walk 2 miles daily. However my husband doesn’t walk as much as I do.

I see it stops at a Greek restaurant. How was it? I’m half Greek and I love Greek food.

Thanks for your help.

I calculated our route after our tour and it was only about a mile and a half total.  And the walk is broken up by all the stops so it's not bad at all.  Some parts are uphill.  Definitely wear comfortable shoes.  My husband and I wore flip flops and were fine but most of the people on our tour had on tennis shoes. 

At the Greek place, we had conch chowder and it was good.  By that time, we were pretty full. :classic_smile: Before the tour, I didn't realize there was such a large Greek population in Nassau.

6 hours ago, CruisinCrow said:

I calculated our route after our tour and it was only about a mile and a half total.  And the walk is broken up by all the stops so it's not bad at all.  Some parts are uphill.  Definitely wear comfortable shoes.  My husband and I wore flip flops and were fine but most of the people on our tour had on tennis shoes. 

At the Greek place, we had conch chowder and it was good.  By that time, we were pretty full. :classic_smile: Before the tour, I didn't realize there was such a large Greek population in Nassau.

That is going to be neat for me. I’ve never had conch. I hope I like it since it’s what Bahamas is known for.