Tips and tricks for navigating booking hotel/transportation to port

MissAppleBear

We booked our first Hawaiian cruise but i have always cruised from close to home, this time we are flying to Honolulu the day before our cruise but i am having a difficult time finding the best place to book for a hotel (doesn't need to be anything fancy) and finding affordable transportation from airport/to port from hotel the next day. Any advice or tips would be so amazing!

Have you looked down the board? All the transport options are discussed extensively...from bus (doesn't allow checked bags, but does allow carryons) to taxis, to uber, to shuttles. All covered. Shared shuttles and Uber will be your least expensive, like in most locations.

Most people are going to want to stay in the Waikiki area...it is the center of tourist life in Honolulu. There are many hotels recommended here. The closer to the beach, typically the more expensive. We  have stayed at the Waikiki Embassy Suites a couple of times. Great location, nice hotel.

We are going to use Hawaii 23 for transport from the airport. It’s a private shuttle and the cheapest I’ve found. We may Uber to pier or, since there are six of us, we may go ahead and arrange transport, but Uber is likely fine to the pier if just two of you. I prefer to have pre-arranged transport from airport to hotel. I also looked at Dang’s Limo but we have too many people/luggage.

We we are staying at the Royal Hawaiian but for an economical choice right in the beach, look at the Outrigger Waikiki.

https://www.hawaii23.com/

Edited by Beachiekeen

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/3/2019 at 7:22 AM, Beachiekeen said:

We are going to use Hawaii 23 for transport from the airport. It’s a private shuttle and the cheapest I’ve found. We may Uber to pier or, since there are six of us, we may go ahead and arrange transport, but Uber is likely fine to the pier if just two of you. I prefer to have pre-arranged transport from airport to hotel. I also looked at Dang’s Limo but we have too many people/luggage.

We we are staying at the Royal Hawaiian but for an economical choice right in the beach, look at the Outrigger Waikiki.

https://www.hawaii23.com/

Hi Beachiekeen, we also have 6 people including a 2 year old, who do you use for hotel to pier? also Hawaii 23? thanks for the tip on Hawaii 23 by the way. I don't know if Uber XL would hold six people with all the luggages.. I also thought about just rent a car, but parking at Waikiki seems too much..

4 hours ago, innerfish said:

Hi Beachiekeen, we also have 6 people including a 2 year old, who do you use for hotel to pier? also Hawaii 23? thanks for the tip on Hawaii 23 by the way. I don't know if Uber XL would hold six people with all the luggages.. I also thought about just rent a car, but parking at Waikiki seems too much..

I think we will probably schedule Hawaii 23 to the pier as well.  I think we are going to rent a car in Waikiki for our two full days but arrange transport to and from the hotel.