Coral Breeze boats?

ajpack

We're considering booking a snorkeling tour with Coral Breeze and have questions about their boats. I have a bad back and was wondering how difficult it is to get back into the boat after snorkeling. A few of the boats I have been on have ladders hanging on the side of the boat and it wasn't easy to climb back on. How are their boats configured?

Hi,

I had a wonderful experience with Coral Breeze last week. If you click on the link below you'll find a thread which explains the issues. Coral Breeze didn't loose a snorkler-it was Discovery Dives. It happened a month ago. From what I've read Coral Breeze had someone that had a heart attack while on there Shark Ray Alley tour.

Quote from Jetskier:

Coral Breeze has been shut down by the Belize Tourism Board and is currently not allowed to give tours. No date has been given by the BTB as to when they can resume tours.

Here is the link

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=279654

Here are my photos-there is an album that's titled Belize-it features our tour. I don't have the actually snorkling water photos yet. Those are still being developed. This was the mantatee, snorkel, bannister island beach break tour.

http://cruisegirl29.shutterfly.com/action/

You have to enter the password: bella3

Sue

Sue - Great pictures! Thank you so much for sharing. My DH and I are interested in this tour for our upcoming cruise. Did you see any manatees and how long was the stop there? What was the snorkel like? Were there many fish? Was it in deep water - my DH doesn't swim, so probably would skip that one unless he could wade in or it wasn't too deep. He's 6'4". I heard there was some snorkeling off Bannister Island. Did you see anyone snorkle there? Thanks for your help!

Did you see any manatees and how long was the stop there? What was the snorkel like? Were there many fish? Was it in deep water - my DH doesn't swim, so probably would skip that one unless he could wade in or it wasn't too deep. He's 6'4". I heard there was some snorkeling off Bannister Island. Did you see anyone snorkle there? Thanks for your help!

We saw two manatees-hard to see though. Probably about 20 min. or so. I didn't snorkel but most of my family did. They really enjoyed it! Yes, plenty of fish including a nursing shark. It was deep-you jumped in from the boat & did wear a life jacket. Didn't see anyone snorkling from Bannister Island. Some kids were playing in the water snorkeling but that's about it.

Happy Sailing!

Sue

Paid a deposit - and we were stood up Jan 18. Trying to get the $$ back.

Spent a GREAT few hours in Cay Caulker

Marcxi

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=279654

Click on the above link to this thread. Scroll down to Coral Breeze jan 19th response. This may help explain some things that are going on & also states to contact Paul privately via email.

Sue

Please beware of Coral Breeze at this time. They did not show up at the pier on Jan. 12th and was told by the Belize Tourism Officials that they were no longer allowed to allowed to operate in Belize. Paul has promised my money back and I will post as soon as I recieve it. I would check with the Belize Tourism folks before reserving anything with Coral Breeze.

Bobwat

Archived