Best local lunch by Pan American Pier?

WandHinTX

Hello,

We're sailing out of San Juan in April with Celebrity from the Pan American Pier, and wondering where would be a good place to sample some local food and drink before we board. The only place I have written down is Casita Miramar, so feedback from there is also welcomed. We should be able to get to port at least a solid 5-6 hours or so prior to departure, so recommendations/advice on what do to with our luggage is also appreciated. Should we go on to the ship first and drop off? Any other recommendations of what to do with about 4-5 free hours or so in San Juan is welcome, thanks in advance!

Will

Edited by WandHinTX

I'd lean toward Old San Juan- which there are a number of really good restaurants.  El Jibarito, Raices, Cafe Puerto Rico, Barrichina, almost too many choices for one lunch.

And then spend the rest of the time wandering around Old San Juan.

10 min in a taxi.  

When you say you arrive about 2ish, does that mean you plan to board about 2?  Do you arrive that day, or the day before?  If you can swing it, I'd try to arrive the day before....

5 minutes ago, alfaeric said:

10 min in a taxi.  

When you say you arrive about 2ish, does that mean you plan to board about 2?  Do you arrive that day, or the day before?  If

6 minutes ago, alfaeric said:

10 min in a taxi.  

When you say you arrive about 2ish, does that mean you plan to board about 2?  Do you arrive that day, or the day before?  If you can swing it, I'd try to arrive the day before....

you can swing it, I'd try to arrive the day before....

Board at 2.  Am looking at hotels at moment, airfare is now affordable to fly in day before. Any recommendations in OSJ? TY!

30 minutes ago, Plumbjim said:

Board at 2.  Am looking at hotels at moment, airfare is now affordable to fly in day before. Any recommendations in OSJ? TY!

Many good hotels in OSJ...our go to is the Sheraton Old San Juan...and for lunch try the roof top at the Milano Hotel...great food and happy hour drinks.

We love to go to San Juan!   A must is the choco bar Cortez!   It is beyond amazing. Their hot chocolate is out of this world, sounds crazy I know.  Try it you’ll see!   It’s in old San Juan.  We also love Ropa vejio.... I’m so not sure on the spelling of that.  But that’s what it sounds like.  Their   mufungo is great and their hot sauce is amazing!  

2 hours ago, Dmom & dad said:

We love to go to San Juan!   A must is the choco bar Cortez!   It is beyond amazing. Their hot chocolate is out of this world, sounds crazy I know.  Try it you’ll see!   It’s in old San Juan.  We also love Ropa vejio.... I’m so not sure on the spelling of that.  But that’s what it sounds like.  Their   mufungo is great and their hot sauce is amazing!  

We ate at Choco Bar this past September....great Mallorca and a tall chocolate drink that was amazing.