Sonny Binns Island Tour - Just Returned

LadyDivot

Just returned from the Silhouette and we did a fantastic Aruba island tour with Sonny Binns. The minibus was very comfortable and fit our group of 16 perfectly! We hit all the island highlights, including the old gold smelter, and I feel like we got the best of the island. It's clear that Sonny loves Aruba and know everything about the island. He was right where he said he'd be and got us back exactly when he said he would. You absolutely can't go wrong with Sonny Binns!

• Thanks 1

Thank you!  We have Sonny booked in May but it is only 2 of us and he needs a certain # of people or it will be cancelled.  I'm hoping others take the tour.  Was your tour the 3.5 hour tour?  Afterwards I hear he will drop you off at a beach if you like - by chance did you do that?  I'm glad you enjoyed the tour!

Melissa,

He did the same for us - we started with 4 and ended up with 16. I posted on our CC thread when new fellow sailors joined our thread and eventually we got 14. We added 2 at the cruise terminal right before we left! Keep trying. Yes, we took the 3.5 hour best of the island tour. It was awesome! We all wanted to go back to the terminal but we drove past a couple of beaches and I'm sure Sonny would have stopped if we had wanted. I'd let him know you might want to be dropped off at at a beach. You will love it!

Pam

• 2 weeks later...

Were the stops just a photo stops?

Did you have to put a deposit down?  Or, pay cash at the total at the end of the tour?

Where did you meet him?

I see on his website it is only “Contact Us” not a “Make a reservation” form.  Is this how you made your booking?

When you contacted him with your day and ship name, did he tell you the time of the pick up?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply. Life happened. Anyhoo, to your questions:

1. Yes, mostly photo stops but plenty of time to see what needs to be seen. The aloe factory was the tour. I learned a lot there. Who knew?

2. No deposit required. Paid cash at the end of the tour. I think some gave him the money at the beginning. We also included a tip which was definitely earned. Sonny was the best.

3. Sonny had a sign and was waiting for us near the door of the cruise terminal. Easy to spot and right where he said he'd be. Very comfortable bus too.

4. Yes, I used the contact us link/email on his website. Sonny and his team were very responsive. I told them which tour we wanted, how many people we had, our ship, date in Aruba and he said he'd meet us at 10am in the cruise terminal. We added more CC folks at we got closer to sail date and he was able to accommodate us. Once I went through the website and provided my email, all my contact with Sonny's team was through email. Very easy.

I hope you decide to go with Sonny. He clearly loves Aruba and is a fantastic guide. Have fun and enjoy your trip!

Pam