Dining Question - Nieuw Statendam

Jennifire7

Hello!

I have called ship services and they weren't able to answer my question.

For those of you who have sailed on the Nieuw Statendam or Koningsdam, are they able to accommodate 11 people in the main dining room or in a specialty dining restaurant?

Ship services said no to the main dining room, but they were unsure of any specialty restaurants.

We are looking to keep our group together for the first night and the remainder of the cruise, everyone will pretty much do their own thing.  

Thanks!

I once had a group of ten in the PG on the Noordam.  In the MDR, they had us at a table of six and a table of four that were side by side (a small gap between the two tables).  We just changed seats at every dinner so that we could sit with different people within our group every night). Would something like that work for you?

Sorry, I don't know the specifics of the MDR on the NS.  Did you check the seating plan on Halfacts.com?

Hello!

I have called ship services and they weren't able to answer my question.

For those of you who have sailed on the Nieuw Statendam or Koningsdam, are they able to accommodate 11 people in the main dining room or in a specialty dining restaurant?

Ship services said no to the main dining room, but they were unsure of any specialty restaurants.

We are looking to keep our group together for the first night and the remainder of the cruise, everyone will pretty much do their own thing.  

Thanks!

The MDR will be able to fit 11 chairs at a 10 top. Ask in advance. Shouldn’t be a problem. We have squeezed in up to 12 a few times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for asking this question. We are a group of 11 travelling on the NS in October and our travel agent assured us that we had a table likely one for 12. I thought it might be one for 10, squeezing in the 11th...and in fact a big round table would be perfect!  Will check again to be sure...

I know they could manage in the Pinnacle Grill as we have done it before...I believe they just put tables together.

We were accommodated on the Nieuw aamsterdam...so am hoping it will work on the NS as well.

good luck.

Sandi