Pre & post-cruise, March 9, 2019 cruise on Princess Caribbean 7 day

funCruise3

8 hours ago, funCruise3 said:

You're welcome, we had a nice, fun embarkation day!

Once we finished lunch, we went to check if our luggage arrived in our cabin, an oceanview cabin on the Emerald deck, which is the 8th level of the ship. Our DD is staying in the top bunk, in which her mattress is not very comfortable, although the bottom beds we're upgraded in the last refurbish of the Caribbean Princess which are comfortable! 😀 Our cabin steward has put a layer of comforter to make the bunk more comfortable, so we'll see what she thinks after a good, sound sleep. 💤😴

20190309_170529.jpg

In two weeks we are on our first Princess cruise on the Caribbean staying in obstructed ocean view on Emerald deck. Will be interested on what you think of the location!  Also are the only sitting options in the cabin, the bed?  Following along to make these next two weeks for me go faster!!   Enjoy!  

We just got off of the Caribbean Princess yesterday.  We had an "obstructed" oceanview cabin - E410  - but it was a perfect location and very little obstruction.  You will LOVE the Caribbean Princess - it was one of our top cruises of all times as the Cruise Director, Matt, is hysterical - and his staff is incredible.  The Ocean Medallion worked great for us and we loved how it would unlock the door - and help us find our "shipmates" as well.  The internet is very fast.  It was a great cruise and I wish we were still there!  You will have a wonderful week!

18 hours ago, funCruise3 said:

You're welcome, we had a nice, fun embarkation day!

Once we finished lunch, we went to check if our luggage arrived in our cabin, an oceanview cabin on the Emerald deck, which is the 8th level of the ship. Our DD is staying in the top bunk, in which her mattress is not very comfortable, although the bottom beds we're upgraded in the last refurbish of the Caribbean Princess which are comfortable! 😀 Our cabin steward has put a layer of comforter to make the bunk more comfortable, so we'll see what she thinks after a good, sound sleep. 💤😴

20190309_170529.jpg

Here's the view from our room

20190310_190942_HDR.jpg

20190310_190909_HDR.jpg

20190310_190920_HDR.jpg

13 hours ago, skatie said:

In two weeks we are on our first Princess cruise on the Caribbean staying in obstructed ocean view on Emerald deck. Will be interested on what you think of the location!  Also are the only sitting options in the cabin, the bed?  Following along to make these next two weeks for me go faster!!   Enjoy!  

We are mid-ship, a super location on the eight deck called Emerald. One deck below are the bars and pubs and specialty restaurants. To answer your question about seating in our oceanview room, there is one small chair that tucks into the desk. Our room is right besides the mid-ship stairs and elevators, but we tend to take the stairs more often than the elevator in order to work off all the delicious food and sugary drinks. 🚶‍♀️🚶‍♂️🚶‍♀️

3 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Awesome!!  

Looks like they have the alternate embarkation day lunch menu.

I always look for the salmon. I sure hope they didn't do away with it.  🙁

Love that ocean view. I a ready to go again!  😎

See a pic of the poached salmon with roasted almonds. I started with a green salad and balsamic dressing, super light and delicious. DD had the fettuccine, which was a perfect small size for lunch. 

20190309_125339.jpg

20190309_130448.jpg

20190309_125346(1).jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ckrcjr said:

We just got off of the Caribbean Princess yesterday.  We had an "obstructed" oceanview cabin - E410  - but it was a perfect location and very little obstruction.  You will LOVE the Caribbean Princess - it was one of our top cruises of all times as the Cruise Director, Matt, is hysterical - and his staff is incredible.  The Ocean Medallion worked great for us and we loved how it would unlock the door - and help us find our "shipmates" as well.  The internet is very fast.  It was a great cruise and I wish we were still there!  You will have a wonderful week!

Wondering if that is Matt O'??  That's who we had on the Royal earlier this year - he was great!

Just now, FLCruise7 said:

Wondering if that is Matt O'??  That's who we had on the Royal earlier this year - he was great!

I took a pic of a display that I saw of the captain and his team, here's the pic. Sorry about the glare but it is in a picture frame with glass. We saw Matt, in fact tonight introducing the comedian at the 9:30 show in the theatre. He's funny, just as funny as the comedian. 😀

20190310_224836.jpg

22 hours ago, mthomp5 said:

The embarkation lunch options look pretty good.  Even though it’s limited, it’s nice to see the beef tenderloin and a soufflé offered!  Yummy!

Yes, I agree! My hubby and I shared the chocolate souffle, which was served with a tremendous amount of warm, sweet cremerie sauce. The souffle part was light and tasty, but I didn't care for the sauce, it was too rich and heavy for lunch for me.

• Like 1

So, the rest of embarkation day, we decided to go register my DD for the teenager club, and to go meet with maitre-D about our supper traditional late dinner time, stamped 7:45 on our card in the Palm restaurant. We were registered for 7:15 so thought that the extra half hour later was too late for us . Nicola the ship's head waiter fixed this issue quickly, to 7:15 in the Coral main dining room with same waiter and assistant every night. It is working out really well!! We don't even have to stand in line at the entrance of the Coral Restaurant, which is a designated anytime MDR. Paco said we just need to to right to our table. The first night very popular Prime Rib was soft as butter, tender, large piece (I ordered medium) and was offered horse radish to the side). I highly recommend the prime rib!! After supper on embarkation day for us was about unpacking and organizing our awesome room. There are lots of spaces, nooks and crannies in our cabin, just one question where do we put all  my daughter's and my many pair of shoes, lol! 😅😆🤣

20190309_200535.jpg

• Like 2

I will post the details of our awesome day 2 on Princess Cay, Princess' cruise lines private island in the Bahamas soon, as we booked the snorkelers boat tour (for expert snorkelers). And an awesome excursion, and well worth it! Pics coming really soon!

19 hours ago, FLCruise7 said:

I checked our Patter and his name is Matt Barnard - he was fantastic.  Would love to sail with him again!

19 hours ago, funCruise3 said:

We are mid-ship, a super location on the eight deck called Emerald. One deck below are the bars and pubs and specialty restaurants. To answer your question about seating in our oceanview room, there is one small chair that tucks into the desk. Our room is right besides the mid-ship stairs and elevators, but we tend to take the stairs more often than the elevator in order to work off all the delicious food and sugary drinks. 🚶‍♀️🚶‍♂️🚶‍♀️

Our cabin had the desk chair as well as the "barrel" chair, however, it was not a triple cabin and perhaps that is why there is only one chair.  We thought the location was perfect and we have booked the same cabin for our next cruise!

2 hours ago, ckrcjr said:

Our cabin had the desk chair as well as the "barrel" chair, however, it was not a triple cabin and perhaps that is why there is only one chair.  We thought the location was perfect and we have booked the same cabin for our next cruise!

We found that our cabin is perfect, and the location in mid-ship besides the stairs and elevators is perfect, too. We are considering the cruise next option so that we sail on Princess cruise line again! ☸️🛳️

Day 2 Princess Cay: the weather was sunny, 27 degrees not too hot and a very pleasant breeze. Our family signed up for the snorkelers boat excursion (for expert snorkelers). I am excited to tell you that I am writing this update while waiting for Movies Under the Stars 🌟 the movie tonight is Crazy Rich Asians, a movie that I have been dying to see this year!  I am on deck 15, so beautiful tonight! I can see the beautiful moon, too. Movies typically plays twice every night, tonight, 7 and the 10 pm show.

20190311_212710.jpg

1 minute ago, funCruise3 said:

Day 2 Princess Cay: the weather was sunny, 27 degrees not too hot and a very pleasant breeze. Our family signed up for the snorkelers boat excursion (for expert snorkelers). I am excited to tell you that I am writing this update while waiting for Movies Under the Stars 🌟 the movie tonight is Crazy Rich Asians, a movie that I have been dying to see this year!  I am on deck 15, so beautiful tonight! I can see the beautiful moon, too. Movies typically plays twice every night, tonight, 7 and the 10 pm show.

20190311_212710.jpg

How relaxing!  😎

Going back to my post the Princess Cays: it was 27 degrees Celsius, just gorgeous! Our snorkeling excursion was the best! We had priority tendering, so per instructions, we brought our excursion tickets to the Explorer bar on the 7th deck, registered, received our excursion sticker #18 and waited until called. I believe the other people we were waiting with also purchased Princess Cay excursions, we went all together a few floors down to the exit unto the tender. It is very easy to get unto the tender.  

Gotta go, the movie is starting! Cheers!

20190310_095715_HDR.jpg

20190310_091831_HDR.jpg

20190310_095840.jpg

• Like 1

Going back to the Princess Cays: it was 27 degrees Celsius, the beach was very Sandy, when we swam, we noticed it was very rocky, so I recommend wearing beach shoes. The BBQ food was average and some passengers behind me in the buffet line noticed the grilled chicken was raw. My chicken piece was cooked thoroughly, and enjoyed a nice spinach salad, potato salad and coleslaw, so overall, the BBQ lunch was average to good quality. After lunch, we decided to go back ~ 1:30 to go swimming in the ship pool and enjoy the hot tub relax time! 

20190310_133241_HDR.jpg

20190310_133323.jpg