Private Cabanas Harvest Caye

How do you book a private cabana on Harvest Caye? On don't see them on NCL website.  Are they  worth it for 2 people? We are in a Haven suite on Breakaway. 

On RCL we were in private area for people in suites. Had a nice cabana, drinks were included, a bbq, snacks, air mattresses, towels, water etc. All brought to us in our cabana. 

5 hours ago, drumming cruisers said:

How do you book a private cabana on Harvest Caye? On don't see them on NCL website.  Are they  worth it for 2 people? We are in a Haven suite on Breakaway. 

On RCL we were in private area for people in suites. Had a nice cabana, drinks were included, a bbq, snacks, air mattresses, towels, water etc. All brought to us in our cabana. 

First, you need to be sure you are looking for the correct wording.  On Harvest Caye, there are "Private Canopy Pool Cabana" (tent-like), or, "Luxury Beach Villa".

In order to book a private cabana, or beach villa, you will need to be logged into your "My NCL" and search in the Shore Excursion section for availability.  Or, you can call 1-866-625-1167 (especially if you have "Shore Excursion Credits.")

As to whether or not they are "worth it for 2 people?" ... that all depends on you, your preferences, your budget and your expectations.  Food and beverages can/will be ordered (purchased) and brought to you.

The "private island" is operated by locals, not strictly NCL employees.

We are sailing on the Getaway tomorrow 3/10 also in a Haven suite. I booked the private beach cabana with the indoor area, private bathroom, etc for myself and my daughter. Feels a little indulgent for the 2 of us but we really just want to relax this week. She’s on spring break from college and I’m trying to leave a stressful job behind. I will report back what I think afterwards. Looking forward to some peace and quiet (we aren’t anti social by any means but I also don’t need to be sitting on top of everyone else!)

6 hours ago, ggTexasGal said:

First, you need to be sure you are looking for the correct wording.  On Harvest Caye, there are "Private Canopy Pool Cabana" (tent-like), or, "Luxury Beach Villa".

In order to book a private cabana, or beach villa, you will need to be logged into your "My NCL" and search in the Shore Excursion section for availability.  Or, you can call 1-866-625-1167 (especially if you have "Shore Excursion Credits.")

As to whether or not they are "worth it for 2 people?" ... that all depends on you, your preferences, your budget and your expectations.  Food and beverages can/will be ordered (purchased) and brought to you.

The "private island" is operated by locals, not strictly NCL employees.

To further answer your question:

1) Either the excursions have not all been posted for your cruise date.

or

2) The Cabanas and/or Villas are all already booked.

Also, the prices can be wildly different for different ships and/or different dates.

DH and I invited several people we met on-board to join us, as we felt it would enhance our experience.

It was a fabulous day and we are glad that we did it.  We felt spoiled, and the only thing that was NOT great was the weather.

Just got back from Harvest Caye last week!  My husband and I booked a beach villa through the website just like any excursion.  If they aren’t listed, you can always check with the Haven concierge to see if they are still available once you board.  We really enjoyed the day.

'Pool Cabana', 'Beach Villa'... Smallish $, biggish $. It's that simple, folks regularly get the terms muddled.

You pay your money you take your choice. With a $50 shore excursion credit and (for example) Platinum discount the latter get more realistic. As previously noted, Villa prices vary widely by ship, date etc.

Worth it? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... the cabanas are right next to the pool and pretty jammed in there. If you enjoy the music, hustle-bustle, kids, pool and a little shade they are a good choice. If you don't want the traffic and want to look out over a largely empty beach, snooze, perhaps listen to your own music and want for little, then the villa is a good choice. We love the latter... it's The Haven continued.

In my experience they book up pretty quick once NCL posts them as available (perhaps 3-4 months in advance), so if you are close to your sailing date they are likely gone.