Swapping room once onboard still easy?

My family booked with a rate that had 4 rooms available for picking but the other two rooms were GTY. We chose the ones for picking because we did like their locations . Once the GTY were assigned we realized one of them will work best for my mom because it is right off the stairs and she has mobility issues. However she currently in one of the preassigned rooms so we cannot switch names now. I remember on a previous cruise, about ten years ago, we were able to just go to guest services and get the seapass cards reissued when we needed to swap one guest. Is it still just as easy and does it work if both occupants switch?

Yes, we did this with our grand kids on Anthem last year. Book DW and I with one GK each in separate cabins to get D+ balcony discount for both cabins. Once on board I and one GK switched so DW and I were together. 

I was actually still registered as being in original cabin and guest services gave me duplicate of wife Seapass card to get into her cabin and did likewise with GK who move into her sister's cabin.

I was covering charges for both cabins so that didn't come into play but your mom and her cabin mate should set up separate accounts for on board charges.

Edited by robtulipe

1 hour ago, matj2000 said:

Be careful,  they do an 11:00 room check to make sure everyone is in the correct room....

Ha Ha! 

3 hours ago, robtulipe said:

I was covering charges for both cabins so that didn't come into play but your mom and her cabin mate should set up separate accounts for on board charges.

We will all be using one cc to earn bonus points and paying to the card owner so no worries there.