Azamara vs Celebrity for New Zealand cruise?

Our primary reason to travel all this way is to see New Zealand.  We are very port focused.  We are worried that on Celebrity (which has always been our favorite), we will only spend four days on the island.  Will we really get to see enough?  

2 hours ago, CheriKM said:

Our primary reason to travel all this way is to see New Zealand.  We are very port focused.  We are worried that on Celebrity (which has always been our favorite), we will only spend four days on the island.  Will we really get to see enough?  

No you won't see enough in 4 days. Go for the one with the most port stops.

5 hours ago, CheriKM said:

Hi CheriKM

To be honest... you only see a small part of New Zealand on a cruise..... but it is great...

We have just completed our fourth cruise round New Zealand.... and enjoyed it......

but we love sea days.....

If you wish to see New Zealand with a cruise.... I saw a package cruise with Celebrity.. go round fiordland up to Auckland where you get off, then do a land based tour  down the north and south islands   and fly home  ( 19 days I think )

Cheers Don

59 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Hi CheriKM

To be honest... you only see a small part of New Zealand on a cruise..... but it is great...

We have just completed our fourth cruise round New Zealand.... and enjoyed it......

but we love sea days.....

If you wish to see New Zealand with a cruise.... I saw a package cruise with Celebrity.. go round fiordland up to Auckland where you get off, then do a land based tour  down the north and south islands   and fly home  ( 19 days I think )

Cheers Don

Definitely worth looking at. To really see much of any country, you need to be on the land, otherwise you are only getting a glimpse as to what is in port.