AMSTERDAM

The P&O board is having a right old rare up at the moment about Carnival swerving Amsterdam for a port miles up the road.We are going there in Sept on Explorer.Does  anyone know if this might be a problem for Marella,cheers,Brian.

Ijmuiden is only 15 miles from the centre of Amsterdam so I don't think it will make much difference to the call or tours - albeit a little more inconvenient. A lot of the cruise companies are swapping to that port due to Amsterdam City Council slapping an €8 per head tax on visitors from cruise ships but not other types of tourist. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi again,someone on the P&O board just posted the port schedule for the "dodgy" Amsterdam port.It shows Explorer being there for 1 night on the 2nd Sept but none after that.I realised that it finishes a cruise at Newcastle on the 1st,cheapo overnighting in this port and then sailing on to Southampton for the 4th.Glad Marella is more reliable than the other lot,cheers,Brian.PS correction,just saw a Newcastle to Southampton minicruise on the TUI website.Obviously some people will travel the whole length of England for 4 days.But it stops in the controversial port in Amsterdam.

Edited by brian1

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 10:02 PM, Vitalsign said:

However the 14 night cruise from 4th Sept shows Amsterdam as the port along with a number of Amsterdam tours

Hi,sorry,I overlooked your 2 posts.I repeated what you said.It seems the minicruise is going to the cheapo port.perhaps it's a booze cruise.My previous point is that Marella are honest with their customers,unlike P&O.

• 2 weeks later...