Upsell -- B2B cruises

Italy52

Yes we have. We had to call to and leave a message.Princess calls back and you say yes you accept the upsell .For the first cruise. Our 2 cruises had 2 different booking numbers, While on the phone with Princess I asked if the upsell was available for the second cruise. Princess had to call me back and say we could get it. We accepted and were lucky to be able to keep the same  cabin for both cruises. The time line was approximately 3 weeks before sailing . 

27 minutes ago, Coral said:

Yes. They offered it on the first cruise. When we called, we mentioned we were doing a B2B and then they offered it on the 2nd cruise, though at a higher amount.

Thanks.  Do you remember when you or your TA called?  Our cruises aren't until June 22nd & 29th so we do have a ways to go.  We will be on the Nieuw Amsterdam a week prior to our Princess cruises so I am looking at timing possibilities.  Our TA is a big box agency so I am pretty sure I will have to call them and have them check with Princess to see if there are any opportunities.

Yes I forgot about that our second cruise as part of the back to back the upsell was a higher price but the cruise price was different on both cruises. So I figured that was the reason. I was glad that we were able to have the same cabin for both sailings. We  had plans for the turn around day so if we had to change cabins that would have made caused us to change our plans. 

Also if you have Princess insurance it goes up as well to reflect the new fare you are paying. 

I know some people say the upsell was not a good deal. We though our upsell was a fair price and the person we dealt with was friendly and helpful. 

We booked directly with Princess and the upsell came via an email directly from Princess. I called Princess back on the number provided in the email immediately. The hard part was waiting for Princess to call back. When Princess called back It did not say Princess on the call display  just a number.  The email came about 3weeks from sailing.  The timing may vary . Also if you go to a different cabin class your tips will increase to the new class like balcony to mini suite or mini suite to full suite.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Thanks.  Do you remember when you or your TA called?  Our cruises aren't until June 22nd & 29th so we do have a ways to go.  We will be on the Nieuw Amsterdam a week prior to our Princess cruises so I am looking at timing possibilities.  Our TA is a big box agency so I am pretty sure I will have to call them and have them check with Princess to see if there are any opportunities.

I hope that your big box TA follows through with notifying you asap if an offer becomes available.

On CC I have seen many comments about the client never finding out about the opportunity.

It is important to call Princess right away as calls are taken in order.

3 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I hope that your big box TA follows through with notifying you asap if an offer becomes available.

On CC I have seen many comments about the client never finding out about the opportunity.

It is important to call Princess right away as calls are taken in order.

Your comment is one of the reasons that I would like to be pro-active and have my TA check with Princess.  I know I am reaching a bit but if I know approx. how many days out I should start pushing my TA then I might have some luck.  I remember asking the TA last year about an "upsell" and she said that she had never heard of such a thing.  I told her they were possible and she did check with the cruise line.  Unfortunately, none were available at the time 

• Like 1