About to book solo studio April 7th Breakaway...

cavenger

I am very close to booking a cruise in a solo studio cabin on the Breakaway going out of New Orleans. If anyone has input experience with that please let me know. Also, is there any advantage to the solo studio cabin rooms on the 10th deck vs. the 11th deck?

11 minutes ago, DKcruiser10 said:

Hi Cavenger, did you book? I’m booked on the April 14 sailing myself in a studio cabin. If you have access to Internet while on the ship please post some reviews for me and anyone else in a studio cabin. Thanks. 

Hey DK! I just did book it and I am really excited. I will be sure to give you guys a review as best as I can.

• 1 month later...

Personally I preferred when my studio was on the same deck as the lounge. I'm a little lazy and liked that I could go fill my water bottle with ice water without having to use the stairs (studios don't have fridges). That's pretty much the only reason for my preference - I liked it because I never brought my water bottle with me to late-night stuff and it always helps down some water before bed and if you happen to wake up. 

I like the studios (have been in Getaway & Escape and in Bliss' in 10 days) and would only pick an inside if they were cheaper (though I do like being on the higher decks and the cheaper insides stick you down low). They're pretty well sized, especially if you normally only do insides. They're pretty good at storage and I kind of like that's its more open spaces with sliding doors to hide it vs lots of drawers to open. On the ships that have it, I like the "mood" lighting they have - I use it as the first light I turn on when I wake up so i don't blind myself. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, smplybcause said:

Personally I preferred when my studio was on the same deck as the lounge. I'm a little lazy and liked that I could go fill my water bottle with ice water without having to use the stairs (studios don't have fridges). That's pretty much the only reason for my preference - I liked it because I never brought my water bottle with me to late-night stuff and it always helps down some water before bed and if you happen to wake up. 

I like the studios (have been in Getaway & Escape and in Bliss' in 10 days) and would only pick an inside if they were cheaper (though I do like being on the higher decks and the cheaper insides stick you down low). They're pretty well sized, especially if you normally only do insides. They're pretty good at storage and I kind of like that's its more open spaces with sliding doors to hide it vs lots of drawers to open. On the ships that have it, I like the "mood" lighting they have - I use it as the first light I turn on when I wake up so i don't blind myself. 

smplybcause -- Looks like you have some experience with studio cabins.  I was recently in a studio on the Breakaway out of N.O. and I could not get my room cold enough to sleep well.  Maintenance supposedly worked on in the entire 7 days but it never worked as well as the A/C in 3 other room types I have cruised in on the Breakaway in the last 4 months.  I turned the thermostat as cold as it would go when I embarked and it never really cold....only cool.  What have you experienced in regards to the A/C in studio cabins?

Thanks

5 hours ago, cruiser147147 said:

smplybcause -- Looks like you have some experience with studio cabins.  I was recently in a studio on the Breakaway out of N.O. and I could not get my room cold enough to sleep well.  Maintenance supposedly worked on in the entire 7 days but it never worked as well as the A/C in 3 other room types I have cruised in on the Breakaway in the last 4 months.  I turned the thermostat as cold as it would go when I embarked and it never really cold....only cool.  What have you experienced in regards to the A/C in studio cabins?

Thanks

Mine have worked well - always change to whatever I set it on and I definitely change the temp a few times a day, but to be fair I don't like it to be super cold when I sleep. At home my thermostat only goes down to 72 - though part of that is not wanting to pay the electric bill for going lower than that in Florida summer!! On the escape last year I had turned the temp down on one of the first nights and woke up in the middle of the night literally shivering from how cold it was - I had to get up and turn it up from all the way down. The room was at least in the low 60s if not lower because in the winter my place sometimes gets to upper 60s and I don't shiver at that temp. 

Thanks smplybcause -- This was my 1st time in a solo studio and the ability to adequately cool the room as well as other cabins have the ability to would be the only thing keeping me from booking a studio at the right price in the future.  Will probably give it another shot and see if this experience was just a fluke.

Thanks for the response.

I just returned from a breakaway cruise in a studio cabin last week. The AC worked fine and I adjusted it several times based on my needs. I had no problems my cabin was on the upper floor of the studios and I too would prefer it on the same floor if possible. No issues with the cabin or the cabin attendant for me. Cruise was great enjoyed making new friends.  I would certainly take another cruise with a studio cabin if the price is right. 

• Like 1

I always stay in studios and also have issues with changing the thermostat several times. It either gets too hot or too cold for me. I learned on my sailing last week that there's a reason the middle of the thermostat lights "green". Don't be afraid to keep it at green or +/- 1 of green, its actually a very comfortable temperature all the time.