Upgrade bid experiences

Grandma Cruising

On 8/17/2024 at 9:23 AM, tiggertom said:

You could try the link on the website https://www.azamara.com/gb/booked-guests/azamara-upgrades

good luck

Hello all, We set sail today and did not receive an offer to upgrade even though I did follow the much appreciated advice of tiggertom. FYI we are first time Azamara cruisers we bid $1300pp via website to upgrade from Verandah to CC. This works out to $110pp per night. 12 night cruise in the Mediterranean. We booked through a third party with TA. And did later add the following Trans-Atlantic so that we do not have to fly back home. But I have two separate booking numbers. So I doubt that is a B2B problem that I have seen some people run into. Our first itinerary seems very popular and I think it will be a full ship. My husband had me checking email everyday to see if we got the bid. We mostly liked the idea of specialty dining and WIFI being included, which we will buy anyway. We are happy with the cabin we originally booked but I wanted to thank everone who frequents this thread for all of the tips and tricks. Special shout out to tiggertom and Grandma Cruising who have answed questions that I posted. If I forgot to include any info that is needed to update the thread, please let me know. Most of all this was the first time I have ever tried to bid for an upgrade and I wouldn't have done it if it wasn't for this thread and the spreadsheet. Thank you all!

Edited by corinna121
spelling error
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, corinna121 said:

Hello all, We set sail today and did not receive an offer to upgrade even though I did follow the much appreciated advice of tiggertom. FYI we are first time Azamara cruisers we bid $1300pp via website to upgrade from Verandah to CC. This works out to $110pp per night. 12 night cruise in the Mediterranean. We booked through a third party with TA. And did later add the following Trans-Atlantic so that we do not have to fly back home. But I have two separate booking numbers. So I doubt that is a B2B problem that I have seen some people run into. Our first itinerary seems very popular and I think it will be a full ship. My husband had me checking email everyday to see if we got the bid. We mostly liked the idea of specialty dining and WIFI being included, which we will buy anyway. We are happy with the cabin we originally booked but I wanted to thank everone who frequents this thread for all of the tips and tricks. Special shout out to tiggertom and Grandma Cruising who have answed questions that I posted. If I forgot to include any info that is needed to update the thread, please let me know. Most of all this was the first time I have ever tried to bid for an upgrade and I wouldn't have done it if it wasn't for this thread and the spreadsheet. Thank you all!

Have a wonderful cruise!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, corinna121 said:

Sorry the upgrade didn't work in your favour, but all is not lost until you board. Whatever cabin you are in you will have a wonderful first cruise with Azamara. Please let us know your thoughts. 🚢

• Thanks 1