Min Bid = $200

Bid amount = $230pp

Cabin type = inside

Cabin type bid 4 = Ocean view

Out come = ??

Strength = ??

Region = Med

On 4/16/2024 at 7:43 PM, excitedofharpenden said:

That's great. It makes such a difference if it's done properly and with care. This was not my experience on Journey recently unfortunately. Just left the folded up tablecloth on the tray and left. 

Phil 

You were lucky we got no tablecloth 2/3 mornings and only got called ahead after the first no call delivery as I wrote that on the special request on the order form. Every time tray just dumped down and we were left to manage it - we did think that change in procedures was unnecessary and disappointing if you want to stay a premium line 

• Like 1

My wife and I will be first time Azamara cruisers in June of 24. If we win an upgrade bid on a higher category cabin, does Azamara give you all the additional perks of the better cabin, such as additional Azamara Circle points per night, additional laundry and wifi, etc? Thank you in advance, gotcha3

51 minutes ago, Toronto Guy said:

Does anyone know if they are still allowing you to put in bids for upgrades on board?

It's restarted and in my case a couple of months ago it worked very satisfactorily. Like the old days I was able to speak to someone and choose cabin number (although in reality there was no choice because it was the only one available). 

Phil 

41 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

It's restarted and in my case a couple of months ago it worked very satisfactorily. Like the old days I was able to speak to someone and choose cabin number (although in reality there was no choice because it was the only one available). 

Phil 

So did you actually bid Phil, or did they give you a price to upgrade?  I have done both ways in the past, but last time I upgraded form a Cat 12 inside to a CC N1 for a very cheap price through the bidding onboard o the first day and I was thrilled. 

I thought the other thread was just about booking online and not on board.  Didn’t see current reference to the onboard booking. Perhaps I missed. 

Edited by Xcelsior

2 hours ago, Xcelsior said:

So did you actually bid Phil, or did they give you a price to upgrade?  I have done both ways in the past, but last time I upgraded form a Cat 12 inside to a CC N1 for a very cheap price through the bidding onboard o the first day and I was thrilled. 

I did bid. Actually I bif on two.  From an OV I bid on a V verandah category and a Plus verandah. I was successful with the Plus. I bid near the minium on each.  I wasn't offered anything else. 

You did well to go from an inside to a CC. That's a nice upgrade. The cabins on my last cruise were very limited. 

Phil 

As the ship was almost full no upgrades were accepted (though offers were sought) on the 3/4 cruise. Wisely they kept back what wasn’t sold as “contingency” I suspect these days letters to bid are automatically issued - it gives Azamara useful data if nothing else. 

42 minutes ago, uktog said:

As the ship was almost full no upgrades were accepted (though offers were sought) on the 3/4 cruise. Wisely they kept back what wasn’t sold as “contingency” I suspect these days letters to bid are automatically issued - it gives Azamara useful data if nothing else. 

But these were bids you made onboard the ship at guest relations, yes?

7 hours ago, Xcelsior said:

But these were bids you made onboard the ship at guest relations, yes?

There is no such thing as bidding on board. The upgrade bidding system happens beforehand, you are invited to bid a number of weeks before the cruise. Once onboard you can enquire if there are any vacancies in the type of cabin you’d like to be in and find out how much it would cost you to upgrade.

We booked a veranda cabin on Onward last August for Italy cruise; there was note when arrived in cabin saying could upgrade to a C C Suite - note gave an amount for minimum bid; we bid more than minimum and were successful and were allowed to pick a cabin from choice of 4/5. ( there are more CC Suites on Onward). 

Appreciate this will not always happen.

3 hours ago, scotsahoy said:

We booked a veranda cabin on Onward last August for Italy cruise; there was note when arrived in cabin saying could upgrade to a C C Suite - note gave an amount for minimum bid; we bid more than minimum and were successful and were allowed to pick a cabin from choice of 4/5. ( there are more CC Suites on Onward). 

Oh wow, that’s new. Not heard of it before. Thanks for posting.

11 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Oh wow, that’s new. Not heard of it before. Thanks for posting.

Yes there absolutely was bidding onboard last year.  Did it twice. 

5 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

There is no such thing as bidding on board. The upgrade bidding system happens beforehand, you are invited to bid a number of weeks before the cruise. Once onboard you can enquire if there are any vacancies in the type of cabin you’d like to be in and find out how much it would cost you to upgrade.

I'm sorry, but this is why I have asked this question twice now, and both times I was told to check this thread that didn't have the answer. Last year, when they didn't have online bidding due to the ownership change and IT problems, they shifted the upgrade bidding to the ship.  You got a letter in your cabin on boarding day and you could make bids at the front desk.  I wasn't sure if they kept the onboard bidding now that they have the IT issue worked out.  I am aware of the enquiring onboard and paying for an upgrade route - but that's not what I'm referring to.

Edited by Toronto Guy

3 hours ago, scotsahoy said:

Yes I was on Italy Intensive in late August as well and moved to a CC suite the same way.  Same way again in December.

I think the onboard bidding was a temporary work around to continue to generate revenue on excess capacity whilst the pre boarding process was in abeyance due to the IT meltdown. It was a lot of work for guest relations during their busy early days of the cruise and didn’t give any recognition for loyalty which was always a stated focus of the upgrade process. It was much more a first come first served action once the ship was sure of its inventory (a slight (!) issue during the IT meltdown). 

Looks like they’ve now reverted to a version previously used with the significant added benefit of the guest having the final say on accepting the upgrade or not. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, uktog said:

I think the onboard bidding was a temporary work around to continue to generate revenue on excess capacity whilst the pre boarding process was in abeyance due to the IT meltdown. It was a lot of work for guest relations during their busy early days of the cruise and didn’t give any recognition for loyalty which was always a stated focus of the upgrade process. It was much more a first come first served action once the ship was sure of its inventory (a slight (!) issue during the IT meltdown). 

Looks like they’ve now reverted to a version previously used with the significant added benefit of the guest having the final say on accepting the upgrade or not. 

I know originally you were supposed to get priority for bids based on status, but do we know if they are still doing that?  

31 minutes ago, Xcelsior said:

I know originally you were supposed to get priority for bids based on status, but do we know if they are still doing that?  

What I recall is that in the case of equal bids, loyalty level would break the tie.  Worth a buck...or maybe even a cent.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, marinaro44 said:

What I recall is that in the case of equal bids, loyalty level would break the tie.  Worth a buck...or maybe even a cent.

That's what I recall as well....but I'm not sure I ever really believed it.